“Canyoning”

Azores Adventure Islands
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Canyoning, E-Biking,, MTB, ccean and lake Kayaking, Hiking, Rock Climbing, Jeep Tours and all outdoor adventure travel activities in the beautiful atlantic Islands of the Azores - Portugal!
Reviewed 2 October 2018 via mobile

Very entertaining Tour with our Guides Andre and Bea. They prepared us pretty well for every obstacle and made us Enjoy the Trip even more. Hope to meet Them again one day on another Trip.

Date of experience: October 2018
"sao miguel"
in 50 reviews
"da ribeira"
in 6 reviews
"highly recommend this activity"
"full day hike"
in 8 reviews
"took pictures"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed 27 September 2018

My wife and I had a great morning riding the tracks around the volcano. The ride was a nice relaxed pace to enjoy the views with stop to learn about the area and try some of the ginger lily plants growing. It mas mainly flat or downhill and then finished with an enjoyable ride up the hill using turbo mode on the bikes - dead easy and fast!!

The bikes are modern and well kept ebikes - just remember that brakes are European style for opposite way round for us Brits - given notice they could have changed them over but we only booked the day before!!

Andre our guide is the sort of person who I can imagine is ever unhappy and his enthusiasm was infectious.

The ride was great but the company was even better - highly reccomended

Reviewed 16 September 2018

My group and I could not have been more pleased with our experience canyoning with Azores Adventure Islands. Andre was amazing and made us all feel safe and supported throughout the day. He was so organized with our group's wetsuits and equipment and explained things in a way so that we could all understand. It's obvious he loves his job and is very very good at what he does. Manny was also helpful assisting but I wish he would have introduced himself from the beginning.

Reviewed 11 September 2018

We booked two excursions with this company and both were nothing less than phenomenal.

We went canyoning at nordeste first and it was a once in a lifetime experience. We had never done anything like this before and were initially a bit hesitant but our guides made the whole thing so approachable and fun! (they always gave us an option to opt out and they were very keen on safety) The trip is a mixture of rappels down waterfalls, refreshing jumps and water slides!

We also did a half-day tour of Sete Cidades on e-bikes and this was probably our favorite activity on the island! The ride was beautiful from beginning to end and a truly special way to see the place. Our guide was super friendly and quite knowledgable (he knew his history well!), we had a great time!

Both experiences were fantastic and the guides on both trips were awesome! Highly recommended.

See more reviews
Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

Honestly when I booked this kind of activity I was a bit afraid that I could feel some kind of discomfort doing it (I suffer from vertigo). The truth is that I never ever for a single moment felt unsafe with the team of Azores Adventure Island. I did the half day Nordeste canyoning and I had fun all the time. The guys are safety freaks and they check everything in order for you to be ok and have fun all the time. And in the end I even overcome my fear of heights doing not just rappel but even jumps!