Review Highlights
Vacation

We had been to Termceira before and decided to go to Pico. We climbed Pico volcano, liked around... read more

Reviewed 7 November 2018
John M
via mobile
4 wd tour - Sete Cidades

After I had to change my canyoning plans, Azores Adventures worked with us to find another activity... read more

Reviewed 2 November 2018
John G

Recommended experiences in and around Ponta Delgada
from USD 68.20
from USD 28.90
from USD 40.50
from USD 81.00
More Info
All reviews these guys mountain biking half day canyoning sete cidades rock climbing e bike canyoning tour paddle boarding sao miguel da ribeira highly recommend this activity full day hike afraid of heights amazing experience always felt safe wet suits took pictures
Reviewed 16 September 2018

My group and I could not have been more pleased with our experience canyoning with Azores Adventure Islands. Andre was amazing and made us all feel safe and supported throughout the day. He was so organized with our group's wetsuits and equipment and explained things in a way so that we could all understand. It's obvious he loves his job and is very very good at what he does. Manny was also helpful assisting but I wish he would have introduced himself from the beginning.

Reviewed 11 September 2018

We booked two excursions with this company and both were nothing less than phenomenal.

We went canyoning at nordeste first and it was a once in a lifetime experience. We had never done anything like this before and were initially a bit hesitant but our guides made the whole thing so approachable and fun! (they always gave us an option to opt out and they were very keen on safety) The trip is a mixture of rappels down waterfalls, refreshing jumps and water slides!

We also did a half-day tour of Sete Cidades on e-bikes and this was probably our favorite activity on the island! The ride was beautiful from beginning to end and a truly special way to see the place. Our guide was super friendly and quite knowledgable (he knew his history well!), we had a great time!

Both experiences were fantastic and the guides on both trips were awesome! Highly recommended.

Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

Honestly when I booked this kind of activity I was a bit afraid that I could feel some kind of discomfort doing it (I suffer from vertigo). The truth is that I never ever for a single moment felt unsafe with the team of Azores Adventure Island. I did the half day Nordeste canyoning and I had fun all the time. The guys are safety freaks and they check everything in order for you to be ok and have fun all the time. And in the end I even overcome my fear of heights doing not just rappel but even jumps!

Reviewed 7 September 2018

Great place to visit, the scenery is breath taking. We did many excursions (low cost) and had a wonderful time. The tour guides for super. They all spoke English and filled us with tons of info about the island. Extremely cheap for 2 people to eat. Prices are unbelievable.

Date of experience: June 2018
Reviewed 4 September 2018

My wife and I had the best time with Andre and Manny canyoning! Everything was provided. Very professional, yet very fun. The scenery was spectacular. We did the half day which consisted of rappeling down 2 waterfalls and 3 jumps. There was always a plan B, so if you didn't want to jump, you didn't have to. Highly highly recommended!! A great activity on a rainy day as the wetsuits can get very hot in the summer sun.