All reviews kids club pool area self catering both bedrooms mini mart short cut baby pool bed apartment family holiday reception staff quiet location english speaking channels cleaned every day these apartments min walk hire car stayed here for a week
Reviewed 7 October 2017 via mobile

This hotel are clean and tidy the towels are changed on a daily basis room is clean daily . Free WiFi is only in pub next to hotel, hotel runs a shuttle bus for €3 you can have a return into Alvor, I would make full use of this as taxis cost between €5 to €7 each way. On arrival to the hotel we would put in their room above the pub after first night loud music I complained to the hotel staff who are really friendly and polite they moved us to a room of our choice they was free at the time. Although it's a non smoking policy people tend to smoke on the balcony throw fag butts down below on to ground floor patios.
Hotel is a three star, as it in need of modernisation although the rooms are clean and tidy the shows signs of wear and tear cracked tiles. Wi-Fi in your apartment and the safe deposit box will cost you extra.
There is a small shop by the hotel, there is two pubs the main one will do your breakfast and dinner each day the other one is by the pool this is open during the day both pubs have free wifi. There is a beach 10 minutes walk away from Hotel. Aldi's Lidl's food stores are about 6 minutes drive away or a good half hour walk.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dennis w
JMVAlves, Gerente geral at Turim Estrela do Vau Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2017

Many thanks for your comment. Since last year we have been investing in hotel improvements, so we promise to be more modern, functional and welcoming in your next stay. We look forward to welcome you in the near future. See you soon!

Reviewed 4 October 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for two weeks and enjoyed ourselves. The hotel has a nice entrance, spa, outdoor swimmingpool and a good gym. The appartment we had was pretty big and a huge balcony with a view over Portimao! We also had a rental car for the two weeks and staying at estrella do vau we considered it a must have. Its situated just outside the city and there is nothing to do within walking distance except play golf. Closest bars/ resteraunts are at least a 20 min walk. There is a bar and resteraunt (buffet) at the hotel, but we really prefer to eat outside the hotel for better choice of resteraunts.

The hotel has potential to become really good but to do this they must make some necessary changes. The beds are very hard and we didnt have a double bed so we had to slide them together. My gf went home with pain in her back due to the beds. The housecleaning is very poor. Sheets were not changed in the 2 weeks stay, just straitend out every day. The bathroom needs a necesary upgrade and the fan was not working.
The snackbar personell at the pool area were not motivated and lazy, it doesn't express a welcoming feeling and a few things were out of stock. TIP: try taking orders at the swimmingpool, that will increase the holiday experience and is good for your profit

The outdoor swimmingpool was very good. On other reviews we read about the bad state of the beds at the pool. We could see a few beds in bad condition but most were fine and a quite a few new beds.

All in all we enjoyed ourselves at Estrella do Vau and didn't let the negatives influence our stay.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
JMVAlves, Gerente geral at Turim Estrela do Vau Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2017

Thank you for your detailed comment. The aspects that least pleased you will be analyzed so that we can improve from now on. We hope you give us the opportunity and come back to prove that we can do better. See you soon!

Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

Came back after 14 years and i had the best experience yet again. Fell in love with estrela do vau all over again. The appartments are so clean and the staff are amazing. Thank you all for a beautiful holiday again. I cant wait to book my next holiday here.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank carry-t02
JMVAlves, Gerente geral at Turim Estrela do Vau Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2017

First of all we would like to thank you for your comment. Secondly, to say that we were very happy with the words you wrote, because we try to work every day in sense that we can receive words like these, that give us the strength to continue persisting of being better and better.
We hope you will come back to welcome you with open arms.
Take care. Best regards.

Reviewed 28 September 2017

My review of the Hotel from our holiday here last year was extremely positive.Posted here June 10th, expressing how we looked forward to returning in July.

Not positive this year unfortunately.
We were delighted to have the same room as summer 2016, that delight changed very quickly.

On arrival the sports bar was shut for 2 evenings. No big deal.

Then a few days into our holiday building commenced directly under our first floor room. Pneumatic drills, Angle grinders sledge hammers etc, from 7.45am approx , to 8pm for the remainder of our holiday, lorrry dropping large metal skip, rubble being dumped into said skip.

Visits to reception to request relocation were not fruitful. Staff were pleasant but could not assist. That was when the hotel management responded to the complaint but only after5 days of no response. Numerous emails only when our booking agent got involved did we receive a response.

An email sent from reception the previous, arrived 2 minutes after we had collected our room key that evening, with the comment that they had attempted to call me all day to discuss.

When I questioned this on meeting Rute , I was informed that they were trying to contact the phone in the room. I explained to Rute that I found this to be strange, considering we had already advised that we cannot use the room adequately during the day due to excessive noise levels and that they had my mobile number and email address to contact also.

The response was “We did not wish to disturb you any further”.So chose to call the phone at the room.

An offer of a meal for 1 evening , with the condition of, Drinks not included was made by Rute. We declined this offer as it was insulting. The lady, Rute,, was to respond to us following a discussion with management as to what would be appropriate. We finished our holiday with work still taking place and no further response from management.

Our tour operator assisted as best they could, hotel had not informed them of any works. We are very happy at the assistance from our agent and their efforts, they indeed offered some reasoned level of recompense .

I would like to say we will be returning but I cannot, the level of service provided and I stress by the Management , the rest of staff were lovely, was shocking , unfortunately even as I type, there has been no further response to my final email of complaint to the hotel , which was sent on the morning we departed.

A very poor service provided by hotel management.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
JMVAlves, Gerente geral at Turim Estrela do Vau Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2017

We appreciate your comment, which we found very unfair. First because the situation reporting the hammers and big noises at 7:45 has never happened. Only one day there was a noise with hammers, but it happened at 8:30 am, and the workers were called to my attention, and from that day on, there were no more noises with hammers before 9:30 in the morning.
The bar was closed not for 2, but for 3 days, unfortunately we had a fire and all the electrical system of the bar burned, which caused us, as you can imagine, some financial losses.
As for the situation of not worrying about you, there was the concern to move you to another apartment, there was the concern of offering a dinner and there was the concern of trying to contact you 2 consecutive days by phone, but by the way we have always been mismatched.
Anyway, I would like to apologize for the event and to ask you for the favor of returning again next year, with the promise you will not regret. We will do everything to make your holiday unforgettable, but for this we need you to give us the opportunity that we are not as bad as described in your comment.
I look forward to welcoming you in 2018 with open arms, because we would love to continue to have you as our guests.
If you need anything else from us, please e-mail me.
Thank you very much. I look forward to receiving you in 2018.

Reviewed 22 September 2017 via mobile

We where 6 persons and had 2 bedrooms apartment for a week. Apartments are realy very spacious with all equipment needed.
It is located about 10-15 minutes walk from the very fantastic Praia do Vau beach.
The biggest strenght of the hotel is realy very pleasant and helpfull staff. Helped on all my matters.
Best regards.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Giedrius B

We were proud with your review. But we would like to ask you to come again, because we have a lot to improve and make your next holidays even better...
Best regards.