All reviews chic restaurant classic suite lovely suite family pool macdonald hotel mezzanine bar leisure team panoramic room nespresso machine exercise classes hotel prices family suite main restaurant duty manager half board main pool is hire car
Reviewed 21 October 2018 via mobile

We had a great two week stay here in June. We loved the activities the hotel could arrange for you (additional charge). We would recommend the kayaking in the caves and also mountain biking. They were such great fun!

The hotel is beautiful. The pools are beautiful and the food is amazing. We stayed half board and we were taken care of very well. Particular mention goes to Nazmul and João.

There were two occasions which happened when we were there. Our wedding anniversary and also my husbands birthday.
The hotel came and brought champagne for us to wish him happy birthday.

Would highly recommend staying in this hotel. You won’t be disappointed!

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
MonchiqueResortSpa, Guest Relations Manager at Monchique Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2018

Dear Guest,
We are delighted to hear that at your overall experience at Monchique Resort & Spa was pleasant and enjoyable and that you very much enjoyed the surprise we prepared for your husband's birthday. We very much appreciate your comments about our friendly staff members, especially your special mention of Nazmul and João with whom we will be happy to share your kind feedback. It was a pleasure to have you staying with us and we are looking forward to welcoming you back to Monchique before long!

Reviewed 16 October 2018

My mum, sister and I had a really lovely week at the Monchique in early October. The weather was tremendous and the staff super friendly and helpful. We had a great spot by the pool each day and enjoyed pina coladas and proper G&Ts from the pool bar. The main restaurant had a 3 course meal included in our half-board which was a selection of things from the a la carte menu. The breakfast was delicious - particularly the fresh omlettes and they were really helpful providing gluten free bread for me too. The rooms were v spacious and clean, as you'd expect from a suite hotel. I'd highly recommend going here for some R&R or as a base to explore the local area.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Briony P
MacdonaldMonchique, Guest Relations Manager at Monchique Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2018

Dear Briony,

Thank you very much for your time and effort taken to write a review on TripAdvisor about your recent stay at Monchique Resort & Spa. We are happy to hear that your overall experience was pleasant and enjoyable. It was great to have you, your mum and your sister staying with us and we hope to welcome you back to Monchique before long!

Reviewed 15 October 2018 via mobile

Monchique resort is beautiful. The room we had was spacious and clean. The staff very friendly and helpful.

On the downside.. there was only one restaurant operating called mon-chic which I believe is because of the low season. However the dinner at mom-chic was superb. The lunch on the other hand was less desirable.

Massage at the spa was really good. Highly recommend getting one.
The only con - it says 55 min massage but I guess the time starts from the moment you arrive and spend 15 min getting ready, completing forms etc because the actual massage was only 40 min

All in all a really lovely resort, will come back

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Bree S

Dear Bree,

Thank you very much for your feedback regarding your stay at Monchique Resort & Spa. We are delighted to know that you appreciated our beautiful and serene location nestled in the Serra of Monchique, spacious nad clean Suites, as well as helpful and kind service provided by our staff members.

In regards to Sensorial Spa, we are delighted to know that that you enjoyed the massage. Please kindly note that we always advise our guests to arrive 5-10 minutes before the treatment to fill out the spa consultation form and get ready for the treatment. Whenever guests arrive at the exact time of treatment, all the preparation time cuts of the length of treatment as the therapist have to be on time for the next guest.

We are sorry for this misunderstanding and hope that it didn't much deter from an overall pleasant experience. We do hope to have have the opportunity and pleasure to welcome you back at our resort again soon.

Reviewed 10 October 2018

First night I couldn't enjoy panoramic room offered on the pictures. They told me I had to inform them in advance on the booking but neither tour operator or in their website are any mention of it.

Last day, due to departure time (6:35am), I asked for a coffee and they didn't give me any. IMHO, a 5 stars hotel it's all about service.

Last day I couldn't join any activity because I had a severe ears infection. I don't really know if it's due to products used to maintain swimming pool or not, fact is that I'm still having antibiotics, ibuprofeno and paracetamol. I asked for some pills and they didn't give me any.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo

Dear Julio,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at our resort. We are sorry to hear that, in this instance, we were unable to meet your expectations.

Please kindly note that rooms are allocated according to the room type booked and the room upgrade is subject to availability. In regards to breakfast service, it is available from 7h30 until 10h30. We have breakfast boxes available on request and free of charge for guests departing early.

We are sorry for any inconveniences experienced and hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 9 October 2018 via mobile

We spent two days in the middle of exploring Portugal....perfect break from walking through walled cities in Obidos and surrounds and seeing megaliths in Evora , not to mention Lisboa sites! We had a nice clean room and enjoyed a couples massage that was excellent after doing the spa circuit ( rain showers with aroma therapy, saunas, ice room, jacuzzi pool etc). After massage, we were offered the “quiet room” and had heavenly naps for 1 1/2 hours!!! Food was relatively expensive compared to cafes BUT delicious (try the club sandwich !).
It was a great respite from being a traditional tourist ! We got a special deal that was unbelievable —US escape—worth searching the site for!

Dear Guest,

we are thrilled to know that you so very much enjoyed your break at Monchique Resort & Spa and especially Sensorial Spa services and facilities. We very much appreciate this glowing review on TripAdvisor and hope to welcome you back some time soon!

Kind Regards