“A week at Casa Offshore”
Review of Extreme Algarve

Extreme Algarve
More attraction details
Owner description: Extreme Algarve is Lagos' premier Surf school and Kitesurf school offering surf lessons and kitesurf lessons to anyone who would like to book with us whilst staying in Lagos and the Algarve. We also offer accommodation at Casa Offshore. Please email, sms or whatsapp to arrange pick up times.
Reviewed 22 August 2018

All was very nice. The hosts were extremely friendly, the instructors were amazing and the whole week went smoothly. Sadly, the instructors and all other staff didn't live with us in the camp so it would be pretty quiet at evenings in the camp, wasn't too much of a bonding. The food was ok. All in all, it was surely worth it!!!

Date of experience: August 2018
"great company"
"casa"
in 31 reviews

Reviewed 21 August 2018

I took 2 days of surf lesson and honestly, I hardly learned anything. Only Ben & Roan seemed to have some interest in teaching us, the other instructors just stood on the beach, watching us. They didn't even go in the water to assist or give advice... All in all, it seemed they wanted you in and out the water as quickly as possible, so they could go back home.

Date of experience: August 2018
1  Thank Grand_Panda_1
Sebastian W, Owner at Extreme Algarve, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2018

Hi there

We are sorry you had a negative experience with us.
As you can see its our first one in 13 years so we take it very serious.
Its a shame you didn't mention it to the girls at the end of the day when you arrived back at the camp when they ask everyone how their day was.
We could have addressed it after your first day.
That said we take all feedback serious and will pass the message on to the instructors that were working the days you surfed.

thanks
Sebastian

Reviewed 12 August 2018

They all did a really perfect job. Starting with the booking - fast responses, very helpfull trough all steps.
The school itself was well organised but even so you always felt very realxed.
The instructors did their job very diligent and this is good and so it takes time. And yes, I had to realize this for myselfe. First, I had this thought to end as a 80%-pro after 5 days. I am not :) But what I am: I feel very secure with all the basics now and this is, what makes the difference and the quality. THX to Cic&Tom

Btw: as a kiter, you always start in the afternoon from the Casa, so there is plenty of time for a realxed breakfast and a walk to the beach. For me, it was just perfect.

Reviewed 9 August 2018

I surfed by extreme Algarve for the first time and it was just beautiful. I had a very fun, happy and just wonderful time. I liked the instructors very much, all of them were very nice and they explained the things perfectly so that we could understand them good. I was there with a friend and we surfed for 2 days, then had a break for one day and surfed again for 2 days. In These two days we learned more than I thought we would. Thanks to this experience here I definitly want to surf again because I love it so much!

See more reviews
Reviewed 4 August 2018 via mobile

I had surfed for the first time last year and came this year with my girlfriend who had never surfed. The team was totally accommodating to different levels which was perfect. The house in Lagos has a good vibe and they invited us to a BBQ the first night which was great - good healthy food, great company. We chose a 3-day surf school where we surfed one day, rested/played tourist the next, then surfed, then rested, them surfed. Was perfect and they were fine with it.

Each day they would pick the best surf spot for the day and everyone would pile into the vans and go. We had a rental car so we followed. Once there they divided into groups according to skill levels and off we went. The instructors are great people, genuinely nice.

The one area for improvement came as a feeling when I was there but was confirmed when I got back and spent a few hours watching YouTube videos from other surf schools. The instructors were great, but didn’t show us some key skills that would have made our experience even better, such as teaching us the 4 stages of a wave (I often commented that the waves all looked the same and their answer was always “you just have to know” but I learned that there are 4 stages and what to look for, which I feel will help me greatly the next time) and especially the various techniques of punching through waves when paddling out (our third day had BIG swells) especially the turtle roll I can’t wait to try out.

After sessions we’d all go find a spot and have lunch together. Was always a great moment and good healthy food ;-)

Anyway, great time with Extreme, I’ll be going back next year!