Open today: 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
Review Highlights
Top surf school

I was there for the second time. Lovely staff nice atmosphere good organization Hope to come back... read more

Reviewed 16 November 2018
930pias
via mobile
Nicest place, will be back

I loved everything about my stay at extreme algarve, from the nicest hosts to the best surf... read more

Reviewed 16 November 2018
olape26
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Lagos
from USD 23.00
from USD 40.24
from USD 57.49
from USD 36.80
More Info
All reviews surf instructors kitesurf school surf class cool stuff total beginner fantastic week great surf school whole week green waves great fun whole team amazing experience great company casa denise offshore seb
Reviewed 4 August 2018 via mobile

I had surfed for the first time last year and came this year with my girlfriend who had never surfed. The team was totally accommodating to different levels which was perfect. The house in Lagos has a good vibe and they invited us to a BBQ the first night which was great - good healthy food, great company. We chose a 3-day surf school where we surfed one day, rested/played tourist the next, then surfed, then rested, them surfed. Was perfect and they were fine with it.

Each day they would pick the best surf spot for the day and everyone would pile into the vans and go. We had a rental car so we followed. Once there they divided into groups according to skill levels and off we went. The instructors are great people, genuinely nice.

The one area for improvement came as a feeling when I was there but was confirmed when I got back and spent a few hours watching YouTube videos from other surf schools. The instructors were great, but didn’t show us some key skills that would have made our experience even better, such as teaching us the 4 stages of a wave (I often commented that the waves all looked the same and their answer was always “you just have to know” but I learned that there are 4 stages and what to look for, which I feel will help me greatly the next time) and especially the various techniques of punching through waves when paddling out (our third day had BIG swells) especially the turtle roll I can’t wait to try out.

After sessions we’d all go find a spot and have lunch together. Was always a great moment and good healthy food ;-)

Anyway, great time with Extreme, I’ll be going back next year!

Reviewed 29 July 2018

I can't say enough about Extreme. I was in contact with them from about 6 months prior to coming to Lagos and through my 9 hours of lessons while here. Annemarie is very on top of e mails and communication when you do your bookings. Coach Tim and Coach Celia are first rate instructors with a huge knowledge on the sport. They have a very good tactic on how to make the most of your time when you are in the lagoon which I believe makes it better than the other schools. I won't give away their secret so the other schools don't catch on! They will even pick you up if you don't have a car. I am back with them next year 2019. I will do 12 hours for sure as it is well worth it. I will bring my 14/16yr olds as well.

Date of experience: July 2018
Sebastian W, Owner at Extreme Algarve, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2018

Tks for the great review and it is how we try to roll here at Extreme Algarve :)

Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

Everybody is very nice, everything was well organized and really amazing experience.
We didnt know a thing about surfing with my girlfriend, but after a day with really knowledgable instructors we actually did surf (if you can call that surfing ;)
I definitely recommend this school!
Kasia & Thomas

Reviewed 4 July 2018 via mobile

Had an excellent time,made to feel welcome from the minute I arrived.only surfed but the instructors were really cool.my only regret is not staying for 2 weeks and trying kitesurfing.the casa is in a great location and very relaxing.already thinking about booking again next year

Date of experience: July 2018
Sebastian W, Owner at Extreme Algarve, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2018

Hi Chris

Thanks for a great review. Well theres always next year ;)
See you soon.
Sebastian

Reviewed 28 June 2018

The activity was well arranged with a full morning of surf. All the equipment supplied and cool van to reach the beach. Ben was definitely the best instructor there, helpful, chilled, funny and nice. If you can stick with him, he will help you a lot! Unfortunately I can't say the same about the other instructor, very loud and rather cocky. Nevertheless, great experience, I would definitely recommend!

Date of experience: June 2018