Rising Cock Hostel
USD 124*
USD 118*
USD 211*
USD 192*
Canavial I & II Apartments(Lagos)(Great Value!)
USD 90*
Vilabranca Apartments(Lagos)(Great Value!)
USD 105*
  • Pool
USD 183*
USD 170*
Agoda.com
All reviewsbooze cruisecrepescommon roomdrinking gamesprincess roomhuge partypub crawl every nightown bathroomhome away from homemamapartyingpubcrawlnetflixdormbeachesbackpackers
Reviewed 28 August 2017 via mobile

Ignore those deets comments below. If you're after a good time (which you clearly are cause you're off to Lagos). 90% of this rating is made up of the superstars that stayed there, and the other 10% is thanks to Mama. Who is an absolute honey and I miss her already, the crepes and Tiki tea are out the gate. She just genuinely loves her guests and running a hostel which can be a rare find in Europe. Shout out to Victor for being a legend too!

Pub Crawls are a good start to the night but don't get to caught up, they take you to the same places every night. Just hang out til Grand Cafe opens!

Booze Cruise was about as trashy as you can get, but like in an awesome you've probably got to do it way!

Pro Tip: This hostel has off site premises, do not let this ruin your trip. These places are just as fun! And have Air Con. Also if you're a chick request the Princess Room - it's in the main house and has Air Con and own bathroom with an 7/10 shower

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 August 2017

The rising cock hostel has a great location, just a few minutes on foot from the main action in Lagos old center, and not very far from the beaches.

Let me start saying that the summer heat without aircon or fans is unbearable so sleep quality is poor. Now the street of the hostel is quiet so that won't disturb you but the heat is unbearable.

The hostel is expensive for the facilities, and especially the breakfast. Everyone raves about the crepes, but it's just some dough with either Jam or Nutella/choco spread. I understand it's a hostel, but that's not a decent breakfast to have it more than once.

I liked the huge common room upstairs with TV and netflix, and the nice terrace, that was a big plus in the hostel especially in the afternoons and early evenings.

Cleanliness was average, could have been much better but remember it's a family run hostel so staff is not available all day there.

One of downsides here was that 75% of the guests are Australian, and they tend to stick together and not mingle with other people, ruining the vibe of a party hostel.

If you book the booze cruise with them, which was the main purpose of our travel, be aware that they can cancel it on the same day of the trip (with only 2 hours notice) so you get left with a refund but a cancelled activity just because there's not enough people who signed up for it.

All in all, not a bad hostel, but definitely didn't live up to the hype online, while i would visit lagos again, i will not stay in the rising cock unfortunately.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Gio F
Reviewed 19 August 2017

I booked this hostel after a few friends had recommended its good vibes, crazy nature and Mama's Crepes. I can understand why, and that is because this hostel ticks all the boxes for 'fun' ....BUT can I tell you now, it was the WORST hostel I have ever stayed in. The bathrooms were vile, and my bed smelt like the most disgusting stench of body odour I have ever sniffed through my nostrils. The security was undoubtedly horrendous. The door of our room, which was right near the front entrance, did not lock or close properly. The bathroom can be seen from under the door so creepy people would look under. The locker that was given to me was broken and there was no other option for me to put my stuff. Day two, 5am, we had random people come into our room and steal our stuff, I chased them down the street and eventually they threw everything back. I brought this up at reception the next day and nothing was resolved, and the least amount of compassion given. Also, the room was unbearably hot- please put fans in there. The positives : Shower was super high pressure- Amazing. Mama's crepes were the highlight and lifesaver. Mama in general was a super hospitable, and kind hearted person. The communal areas are great for socialising and meeting people. The boozecruise was fun! Pub crawl super. GREAT location. Atmosphere and people are why it gets 2 stars. I would not recommend this to anyone who puts a priority to hygiene and comfort over partying.

Room Tip: Upstairs room facing courtyard.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 July 2017 via mobile

Absolutely vile place! Booked 2 beds for a friend and I (male) months ago only to arrive to be told they assumed we were a couple and put us in a double bed. When we complained we were told to ask "the other people to swap" with no apology offered and zero care for the fact that it's made us feel uncomfortable, especially because I know two other friends that booked the day before and both got single beds. The bathrooms were absolutely disgusting with no toilet paper in one of them for over 12 hours. When you have a bunch of people with 3 bathrooms to share something like toilet paper should be provided! It was so loud and people gave zero concern that I was sleeping and jumped on the bed and spoke loudly and watched snapchat videos in bed at 5am. In the morning I booked another hostel with two nights left of my stay I was told I wasn't getting a refund because it was less than 48 hours notice. Absolute joke of a place where no one cares about their guests. Wish I could rate it a zero STAY AWAY AT ALL COST!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Julia B
Reviewed 18 July 2017 via mobile

The rising cock hostel has a big reputation for being the party place to stay in Lagos. Your stay at the rising cock is all dependent on the people (note: all Australians). We met a great bunch of girls which made the experience and the price worth it!

The vibes around the hostel are very relaxed and chilled. People are always coming and going and there is a pub crawl every night for everyone at the hostel.The staff are friendly (especially mumma!) and want your time in the hostel to be a huge party. The hostel is not too big so you feel at home but beds, sleeping spaces and amenities can be a bit disorganized. There is no air con in the rooms apart from the princess room (all females)!!

Stay here if you want to party!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends