“Best meal of the holiday ”
Review of A Galeria

A Galeria
Ranked #285 of 374 Restaurants in Faro
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Prawns piri-Piri were fantastic, sirloin steak amazing. The food overall was fantastic and the best value for money, we ended coming back several times over our holiday!Would definitely recommend, the owner is lovely!!

Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

Visited last week on a chilly night with not many people around, headed to Carvoeiro after game of golf and few pints, couple more pints in sullys which was good then here for food, I can’t speak for rest of party but I had Portuguese steak, served lovely in hot pot, potatoes lovely and sauce very good as I have had plenty before. But unfortunately I ordered rare and was well done and pretty tough and grizzly. Having said this few bottles of nice wine and pleasant surroundings my visit was ok

Reviewed 23 March 2018 via mobile

The owner talked us in as we browsed the menu outside. The service was good and had a nice family feel to it. We both had fish dishes, the fresh fish casserole was in a huge pot with enough for two and it was delicious. I had sord fish with a local dressing and it was superb. I would highly recomend this place as a good local traditional restraunt.

Reviewed 14 November 2017

We visited this restaurant twice during our holiday - and by reading some of the other reviews it appears that we struck lucky!
The food was good, the service prompt ( by Portuguese standards) and the were staff friendly, prices very competitive.
We visit the Algarve regularly and will definitely go back to this restaurant.

Reviewed 24 October 2017

We hadn't planned to eat here, but was passing one evening and it looked a decent place, with a small outside garden simply set with around 10 tables.

We ordered our meals (Tuna*2, Swordfish), plus some wine & water. We noticed that the waitresses didn't smile a great deal, but I think they were just being efficient rather than rude or grumpy (as has been suggested in some reviews).

Anyway when the food arrived, I had the biggest Tuna Steak that I've ever had, and my friend's was even bigger it almost filled the plate. The Swordfish was on the large side too, and all served with a small salad and potatoes/chips.

All 3 meals were delicious, the house wine was very good, the service efficient, and the bill smaller than other places in Carvoeiro. Plus a 'free' Port at the end of the meal.

Another place we would return to again.