“What a fabulous place”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Casa dos Avos

relax.....
The most refreshing villa in the area! Paradise
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
relax.....
The most refreshing villa in the area!
Paradise
Kids bedroom
twin beds
Bathroom
Upstairs loft
read, watch tv or just relax
Upstairs bedroom
SO PRIVATE!
Front of villa
Private gate encloses the villa just for you!
land with olive, fig and almond trees
the ideal dream land
beautiful pool
Backyard patio for your dinner with a view!
Laundry room and also storage for your bikes....
The perfect spot for star guzzling...
View from veranda...
Enjoy! you will be welcomed with a bottle of wine and fresh fruit of the season...
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Teeejay19...
“What a fabulous place”
Reviewed 27 September 2016 for a stay in September 2016
person found this review helpful

we were 4 adults on a break, and when we arrived t the villa - it was everything I wanted. Clean and fabulously well equipped. There was nothing we needed that was not supplied. The pool was spotless and regularly cleaned - although we never saw who did it, as he came before we were up. We sat hours in the evening on outside terrace playing cards and dominos - supplied. The villa is brilliant. bright and cheerful, comfy and clean, in a beautiful secluded place, but near enough to town with small shops and great food. You obviously need a car, which it says in listing, but I cannot fault it at all.
kitchen is well equipped and has everything. I believe it has wifi, but chose not to tell my family so they could not spend hours looking at phones. Everything worked perfectly and the instruction book in the villa was a bonus. Thankyou Maria - I have recommended it to mysister in law who is looking to book with you the future.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: pool and terrace - spent hours on both
Liked least: no faults - perfect
Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
27 Sep 2016
I am so happy you had a good time at Casa dos Avos! This home is my little heaven for my vacation and I am so happy others can enjoy it!! I know when I spend time there I make sure everything needed is supplied! I want my villa to be the perfect getaway place, I want it to be home away from home!!! Thank you
Noplaceli...
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Gary”
Reviewed 24 July 2016 for a stay in July 2016

Stayed here for 2 weeks with our 3 boys aged 6,4 & 2. Villa in the beautiful Algarve countryside although still only less than 10 minutes by car from 2 excellent supermarkets. Faro and the beach also only 20 minutes away.
The villa is a home from home. Set on large fenced grounds the kids have lots of room to play and explore. They also loved cycling around the grounds on the bikes provided. The pool is excellent for children and adults as there is a shallow and deep end. The pool area is also gated for the kids safety. The villa is immaculate with everything you require. The air conditioning really needed!
All in all, this is a fantastic villa, in a really accessible location, a real gem!

27 Jul 2016
Thank you for your feed back!!! I see that the bikes were really used!!!l
My idea to have them available and adds to the fun, we fixed the flats!!!
Jarrad B
“Casa Dos Avos”
Reviewed 26 March 2016 for a stay in March 2016
people found this review helpful

Just returned from a 5 day break here, this place is lovely, well maintained, cosy, private and serene.

Comms with the owner were simple and easy, picking up the keys from Helena and Isobel was straightforward and everyone is really lovely and helpful.

We really enjoyed our stay and would go back again, it was great fun driving around different places and hiring a car is absolutely essential.

27 Mar 2016
I am so happy you had a great time. Casa dos Avos is always being updated for privacy and comfort of it's guests...
Richard R
Benalmadena, Spain
“Parel Experiance”
Reviewed 16 October 2015 for a stay in October 2015

If you drive and have your own vehicle and don't have to depend on taxis then the location may be ok. If you want to order a taxi forget it, we tried to order several taxis into faro with no success
The actual villa was basic with only one bathroom for 3 however it was clean and the kitchen was well equipped.
It did have a nice pool area and the grounds were private with nobody looking into the property

Liked best: Pool area
Liked least: Location, unable to get into Faro without driving
Travelling group: Friends
Your age range 50-64
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
People with pets
17 Oct 2015
Hi
I am sorry that you didn't realize that the property is 10km from the city of Faro and a car is needed. There is a full bathroom in the house and a full bathroom in the laundry room.
Thank you for your review!!
Carly2484
“A fabulous home from home holiday house”
Reviewed 27 July 2015 for a stay in June 2015
person found this review helpful

I travelled to Casa dos Avos with my husband and 2 year old son in June! We had a wonderful time. Booking was simple and instructions were clear. We did get a little lost from car rental to the restaurant where we picked up the keys so would recommend a satnav. I would also suggest a car is essential but you can pick one up at the airport very easily.

The weather was fabulous and my son really enjoyed the pool area which was ideal as it was gated off so he could be kept in or out! in fact I felt very safe in the property as it is gated at the road and there is lots of space for children to play outside. My husband and I enjoyed the patio area for BBQ and wine while my son slept in the travel cot provided! The pool toys/accessories were great and everything we needed was provided. We stopped at the local supermarket for supplies which was great fun and all very yummy! We were unable to get the DVD player working but we didn't really need it. Air con was great in the evening.

All the people we met were friendly and children are accepted everywhere.
We would definitely recommend Casa dos Avos and would certainly like to stay again.

Liked best: The Pool and the Home from Home feel
Liked least: DVD player did not work!
Travelling group: Young Children
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
29 Jul 2015
Thank you for the review, always appreciated good or bad comments(which I have very few) DVD was replaced immediately when I found that it was not working, very sorry! The villa was designed with my 3 grandchildren in mine...safety first! Again thank you so much for the review and I hope you visit Casa dos Avos again!
Maria
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing