“High prices poor service”

The Wolf Bar and Grill
Ranked #43 of 158 Restaurants in Carvoeiro
Price range: USD 14 - USD 47
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Bar, Grill
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Great food and wine served in a beautiful relaxed atmosphere.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

This restaurant charges top prices for its steaks and meat which I must admit our sons liked however we ordered the chicken which is the worst meal we have ever had in Carvoeiro , as owners in the district we are in the town numerous times each year, and I will never set foot in this place again

1  Thank John T
Write a ReviewReviews (1,056)

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

We stayed close by and wanted to have a nice meal for my husbands birthday. My husband had a great steak and a glass of fine wine recommended by the waiter I had the chicken and wasn’t impressed it didn’t taste very nice or as if it had been booked on a bbq. I was a bit disappointed. Otherwise the service was good and nice atmosphere. But defo not worth the price

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Our third time in 2 years going here and we'll go again before the end of our stay. The steaks are delicious and the kids got a lovely burger. Staff and helpful and friendly. Yhe ambience is nice. The house wines very drinkable. The best bit too is the price. 2 courses with sides, wine each, kids meals all for a 110 euro... Cant beat it.

Reviewed 30 March 2018

After a couple of other disappointing restaurant experiences nearby largely down to poor (no) service this started off well. Nice interior, service initially very pleasant, food decent albeit overpriced and part of starter missing.Unfortunately for us the waiter went awol after the main course was served and it took an age to get desserts ordered and served and to settle the bill by which time we had lost patience and any enjoyment. My card payment was then “declined”and we had to pay in cash even though my credit is good and the credit card company confirmed shortly afterwards that no payment request was received or blocked!

Reviewed 29 March 2018

No doubt the food is good. The prawns in piri-piri was delicious as was the rack of lamb with dauphin potatoes and creamed spinach as well as chicken on the josper. Decent wine list and very attentive staff. The staff may have been attentive as there were quite a lot of them and it was somewhat quite in the restaurant.

However, can 3 prawns justify a price tag of 15 Euros? I am not talking about tiger prawns here either.