Book In Advance

More Info
from USD 64.50
More Info
2,307 results
All reviews beautiful beach car park the cliff beach bar rock formations an umbrella clear water high tide free parking small beach worth the effort photo opportunities breathtaking views algarve coast steep steps be careful beaches
Reviewed 13 September 2018 via mobile

It is recommended to arrive early as the place is a victim of its success. Large parking available, but really chaotic and already full at 11 am. Otherwise, you can also park on the side of the road.
The beach itself is absolutely wonderful. In fact, there are several beaches separated by rock formations. The most you go on the right side, the quiter will be the beach. You just need to be prepared to climb on the rocks, especially on high tide. The rock formations, the cliffs, the blue sea, everything needed to spend a wonderful day.
The sea there is sometimes quite rough and there are a lot of stones (especially during low tide) in the water. This makes it difficult to bath as you always need to look where you set your feet. Bringing beach shoes is therefore highly recommended.
One of the most beautiful beaches in the world

Reviewed 12 September 2018 via mobile

I had read that this was one of the best beaches in the world! And it didn’t dissapoint. The place looks just like the beautiful images I saw on google images! I was staying in Lagos, and I took a train to the Estombar-Lagoa station. A 26 minute ride for 2.45 EU. (Quick note/tip: when you get off at this station it is totally deserted! I was a bit apprehensive, and thought “how do I buy a ticket to get back???” But laughed about it later when I figured out I can buy a ticket on the train. Also, there are no taxis there, so be prepared to Uber). Once I got to the beach, it made that odd train experience all worth it! It’s a gorgeous beach! Very picturesque, with its cliffs and rock formations. There are hiking trails (level:easy) around it. You can get some great views and pics from above. There’s a bit of a hike (via paved stairs) to get down to the beach. There’s also a small cafe for drinks and snacks. And a restroom (could be cleaner, but at least there is one). The beach is clean and so is the water (although chilly, like all Portugal beaches). The weather was great in late August. You can climb or swim closer to the arches in my pictures. I swam (I’m an experienced swimmer though). The tide does start to come in late afternoon, so try to get a spot farther from the shore, else you’ll be picking up all your stuff and moving several times (was funny to watch everyone scramble to move though). I had a great day at this beach and was sad to have to leave!

Reviewed 12 September 2018

One of the most beautiful beaches I ever visited. The place is easy to find and the beach is easy to access. The beach on the the left hand is worth it. You just have to access it by putting walking a bit in the water.

Reviewed 5 September 2018 via mobile

There’s nothing like it! Easy walk/hike just above called seven hanging valleys is absolutely amazing. Walk the cliffs to Bengali beach for lunch, walk back and spend the afternoon on the beautiful beach.

Reviewed 4 September 2018 via mobile

Beautiful scenery surrounding this beach . We visited on a semi cloudy morning at 10.30 and not too busy but getting busier by 2pm when left. Parking free but persons from homeless groups wearing yellow tabard showed us to space and we donated 5euros. Stunning views from top and surrounding coastal path . limited mobile toilets and a few stalls ice creams etc at top, cafe on beach open from lunch time. See quite clear. Can just sit watching the boats and kayaks pass by

1  Thank anorchfygol