“Home from home”
other travellers have booked this property
Front Living Room Area
Views From the Room Top
Algarve Typical Beach View
View of Carvoeiro Beach
Algar El Seco - Just 10 minutes walk from Apartment
One of the many golf courses in the Algarve
Front of Property at Night
Front of Property
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Blackpool, United Kingdom
“Home from home”
Reviewed 16 August 2015 for a stay in August 2015
person found this review helpful

Just got back from this very comfortable apartment. It had everything you would need. Very clean, comfy bed,
Will be going again hopefully.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Home from home comfort
Liked least: Too hilly. ( my own personal problem)
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway
Management Response
22 Dec 2017
Thank-you very much for your review Sue & I am glad you were happy with your stay. I would be more than happy to host you again!
thomas j
Salisbury, United Kingdom
“comfortable,convenient”
Reviewed 7 April 2015 for a stay in February 2015
person found this review helpful

I am a regular visitor to Carviero at this time of the year. The apartment suited my requirements. Compact arrangement of rooms and general availability ot facilities was most pleasing. Situation is ideal for all the attractions that interest me. Made this point in my written comment that I left on departure-T.V Now that it is possible to engage all elements of Freeview I would suggest that this could provided even if a modest increase were imposed. Having made that point would still wish to repeat the experience next year.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Peace and quiet at this time of year
Liked least: Probably the cold in the evening.present heatig not really adequate
Travelling group: Solo Traveller
Your age range 65+
People with disabilities Older travelers
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
pzbill
Prague, Czech Republic
“Great location/comfortable well-equipped flat”
Reviewed 14 August 2014 for a stay in August 2014
people found this review helpful

I was running very late on booking a flat in Algarve and Daniel's flat saved the day. I was expecting to be merely satisfied to have a place (and a bit worried by the moron who wrote the awful negative review), but the layout of the place was quite nice, the roof space is great if you want to coordinate sunset dinners (yes, drag the table up there, not hard, and the bright red sunset with full moon on the other side was magnificent), and the flat is 3 minutes walk from the start of the top of restaurant row heading down into Carvoeiro. It's also simpler to drive north to the A125 just out the gate rather than going through town, and the (driving) access to the 2 better beaches 2.4km (still hikable) & 7km west of town is simpler. There's a supermercado not far to the north as well as PengaDoce, plus the local markets 3 minutes walk.
The bed is big with a lot of closet space, the foldout sofa's nice and firm (I got to sleep on that one, so happier), the kitchen was very well equipped for cooking (needs spices? guess that's quibbling...) and the bathroom with towels, linens, shampoos and lotions.
Check-in was extremely simple in the end once we had our check-in packet, no big time concerns.
Sadly the complex had a pool they let go to ruin, so no local dip, and the lounge chairs & outside table are usually in the hedge-lined driveway (park in the slips across the street) so not the biggest yard, but still good for outside dining, relaxing, drying clothes...

Travelling group: Teenagers
Kathy Y
Malaga, Spain
“Shocking”
Reviewed 19 May 2014 for a stay in October 2013
people found this review helpful

Award winning!! Is this a joke

My Partner and I decided to have a month in Portugal this October after working months with no time off. We spent hours surfing and looking for accommodation that was going to be comfortable for us as this was our main holiday so it needed to be right. Algarve vacations came up as an award winning accommodation, we read reviews and looked at the photos and thought it would be a great base for our stay. So we booked it for a month.How wrong were we.... We left after 4 days.
To be fair the owner was always very quick to respond with emails that we sent him with various questions, so we were really looking forward to it.
We had to delay our stay due to personal reasons by 3 days so we emailed the owner and asked if it was possible to move our dates slightly, we were driving to Portugal so we thought it would just be a matter of changing the dates as no one else was booked into the accommodation after us. He said that he wouldn't charge us to stay longer but there would be a £25 charge for admin fee and to get the cleaner to go and recheck before we arrived. We declined the offer as we didn't want to extend the dates just change them,. This was the first issue for us.
So we arrived 3 days late, ok that wasn't his problem it was ours. As we pulled up to the accommodation it didn't look like what we saw in the photo ( you can't actually see the Apartment from the photo.... Wonder why!!) looked disappointing and old from the outside, as did the whole development, it looked very 1970s and a bit shabby,oh well it's got to be nice inside it's Award Winning........well after taking 10 minutes to get in the doors as they were really hard to open we went in and my heart sunk. The place was dark, dirty with a musty smell, the bathroom was really old with holes in the wall where there used to be a toilet roll holder and the same in the shower where there used to be somewhere to put your shower gel in etc. the metal cabinet in the corner was really dusty and behind the toilet was dirty. The shelf above the sink is coming off. The bedroom smelt of damp and had some kind of neutraliser in there, that made me wonder a bit, why was it in there!!? The wardrobe inside has not be cleaned for a while, we had to dust and clean the shelves before we put anything in there, there is a big damp patch by the bed where the plug socket is and the socket itself had mould in it.The kitchen needs a good deep clean, the sink area was sticky and the fridge seals had mould in them and when I opened the fridge door that was also sticky with dirty marks on the door. There is absolutely no where to prepare food, so I prepared it on the sink unit.
The lounge was quite nice, it had a sofa bed in it, which is where we slept after the first two nights due to the horrid smell of damp in the bedroom and the very noisy neighbours upstairs who kept us up until 3am with their very loud TV.The outside area needs some tlc.
So after the second day we decided to look for somewhere else, we found a beautiful Apartment in Lagos which was immaculate with great views over the Marina, so we booked up and were able to go in it two days later. I was dreading another 2 nights there to be honest. So we left after 4 days and emailed the owner to let him know our thoughts. Obviously we'd had paid him months ago for his place, then we had to fork out another €740 for another 3 weeks worth of accommodation or go home!. I felt totally gutted as this was our main holiday. I was so happy to leave that Apartment, the smell is still with me now.
We got a quick response back from the owner who was upset and really surprised at what we had told him. He said that he would be coming over in January to carry out some works and that he would be happy for us to go back once they are done obviously for free. He knew there were some issues. I personally couldn't stay in there again. We said we would prefer a partial refund as this had end up costing us a lot more money, he offered us £100. It cost us £800 to book for the month, we felt this was a bit of an insult, we said we were thinking more of £250, which is what we ended up getting. If that was me I would have offered at least half of the money back knowing what a nightmare time we had, we did accept the £250 but it wasnt really enough as the extra expense ruined our holiday. After reading the reviews again, it's almost like we didn't stay in the same place or other people are more forgiving and put up with it. Since our stay we have noticed that the bathroom has been renovated, we wish it was like this when we were there.
Read into this as you like but it's our honest experience of our stay.. I'm sorry for even feeling like I had to write this.

Management Response
27 Jul 2014
These guests stayed most of their stay & then had to leave half way through to get home for personal reasons. Not once during their stay did they contact either myself or housekeeper regarding these 'issues'.

When they left & got home they told me that if I did not refund the full amount (because they had to go home for personal reasons) they paid for they would write negative reviews on TripAdvisor. I obviously declined to return their full money as I felt I was being blackmailed.

Both myself, & housekeeper bent over backwards for these guests.

They wanted to change their dates & I explained that it would incur a SMALL charge (like any other place would) They were not happy about this.

The apartment DID receive an award back in 2011 by this company (Holiday Lettings)through a competition that was run for feedback from previous guests.

The apartment can be seen in the exterior photos on here & actually show the whole patio/front entrance too.

The bedroom has an air purifier/dehumidifier (as with my own bedroom in my house) to clean the air for people who have breathing difficulties or anyone with asthma (like myself) during the winter months in Portugal the air gets very humid so this is another reason for it.

I go over ever three months & I personally give the apartment a complete deep clean from top to bottom every time.

When these guests stayed nobody was living in the apartment upstairs as the owners live in the North of Portugal. I have never had this experience when I have been over nor have any other guests brought this to my attention about the noise. If there was noise, then this is completely out of my hands.

The bathroom & outside patio area have been fully upgraded as they did need upgrading, however the previous bathroom was ALWAYS left clean & spotless & for a holiday apartment was in perfect order.

To sum up, I feel this review is inaccurate, untrue & false. I felt these guests were out to get a free holiday because they had to leave half way through for personal reasons & wanted some sort of compensation as they were unable to stay for the full stay.

I'm so glad I have other very positive reviews from genuine guests & I do hope this review does not put any future guests off the apartment which I have invested lots of time & money into.
Newcastle, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 March 2014 for a stay in November 2013

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 35-49
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing