Spent a long weekend at Vale da Lapa Resort in March. The villas are amazing. There was just the two of us and we had this superb villa with large lounge, dining area, fully fitted kitchen with all appliances and downstairs toilet. Upstairs, two bedrooms, master with dressing area and balcony , two ensuites, it was just amazing. However once we took in our surroundings we realised that the complex is a distance out of Carvoeiro. We decided to walk down to the beach but unfortunately the map given to us at reception was not clear and we finally made if after an hour. We had planned to eat in Carvoeiro each night but due to the distance and it was obvious that there were not many restaurants and bars open in March we ate in the complex restaurant. An A La Carte menu was available but there was a table d'hote menu available at 13 euros and this was excellent value. The food was very good, as we were there for four nights it was fine however if staying longer we would have run out of choices. Items to note:
Good idea to hire a car - we did through reception and were impressed with price and service.
Remember to take bathing cap and flip flops as you are not allowed in the spa without them.
Having a drink in the bar at the beach as the sun goes down.
Visiting the beautiful beaches.
Driving to the most western point Cape St Vincent beyond Sagres absolutely stunning.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Amid extensive landscaped gardens and manmade ponds, this 5-star resort offers luxurious villas with free wired internet. It boasts an on-site 9-hole putting green and, outdoor pools and a Spa. All apartments are situated in 2-storey duplex villas that feature modern and stylish decor. Each unit has a large living room and a bedroom with a high ceiling and balcony. There is also a full kitchen. At Vale Da Lapa, guests can enjoy the exclusive clubhouse featuring a design restaurant and bar with outdoor terrace. Guests can sample regional flavours and carefully selected local products. Agua Hotels Vale Da Lapa also boasts a jogging trail, 2 paddle tennis courts, and a multi-use astroturf pitch. Children can have fun at the play area and children's pool. Vale Da Lapa Hotel has a private entrance to the neighbouring tennis club and several golf courses can be found in its vicinity. Caneiros and Carvoeiro beaches are less than 5 km away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia APAC, Hotels.com, Wotif.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Hotelopia so you can book your Vale da Lapa Resort & SPA reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vale Da Lapa Resort & Spa Hotel Carvoeiro
- Vale Da Lapa Resort And Spa