“Lovely restaurant”
Review of Boca Xica

Boca Xica
Price range: USD 8 - USD 23
Description: The concept of BOCA XICA is provide to our guests a unique gastronomic experience. With special focus on the nutritional balance of each dish, we promote a gastronomy of proximity, with local suppliers. A symbiose between heathy food throught vegetarian, fish and meat dishes, and and a relaxed and inspiring atmosphere.
Reviewed 16 September 2018

Visited here September 2018 after reading reviews. We had a fab meal and the most delicious vodka cocktail I have ever tasted please try.
We had starters of hummus and aubergine for our mains I had the beetroot burger and hubby had quinoa risotto both excellent. We did not have a dessert to full. Reasonable price for what we ate would definitely go again.

Reviewed 7 September 2018 via mobile

If you want to enjoy a healthy dinner, please visit Boca Xica. Great variety of veggie plates on the menu , so difficult to make a choice! All plates are served with a big smile and you definitely end up being friends with the staff of Bova Xica. Veggies + great service = here !

Reviewed 6 September 2018

I am so glad we found Boca Xica. As a vegetarian, it was a real pleasant change to find such an interesting and healthy menu. Between four of us we had two different starters and four different main course. All were delicious and each of us were happy with our choices. The service and presentation were excellent and the staff friendly and helpful. I love the vibe of this restaurant and the people who run it. I live locally and will most definitely be returning - time and time again I hope. Slightly more expensive than when we usually dine out but certainly well worth it.

Reviewed 25 August 2018 via mobile

Why do I say that? Because the place is cozy. I've been to larger places with more people for Fado evenings and I find them ok but not intimate. My other half is much more into Fado than I am and wanted to do this place as out was close-by and the adverts looked promising.

It's a small, tight restaurant and the food is modern... check what's on the menu before booking just in case they are serving something that you're allergic to (like me), as that way you can sort out what to do ahead of time.

The music on the night that we went was provided by a couple of guitarists, a senior Fado performer and a 14-year old who stole the show!

Would we go back? Yup!!

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 19 August 2018 via mobile

The owner is lovely and very knowledgeable and did her best to make us feel welcome. I chose the Tom Yam which was delicious but more of a starter portion. I was still hungry afterwards and I'm not a big eater. The desert was a little experimental and different. Acai berry ice with strawberries. Delicious but I couldn't finish it as the taste is very strong. The beetroot and nut burger with dehydrated vegetables was delicious and perfect portion size and the coconut cake was a triumph. We would definitely go again. Worth a visit for sure. We feel healthier having eaten so well!

Date of visit: August 2018