All reviewssao rafaelold towngames roomfully equipped kitchenalbufeira marinaminute walkcar hirecrazy golftennis courtsout of seasonlovely poolevery eveningrelaxing holidaysteep hillmost nightsvillataxi
Reviewed 27 November 2017 via mobile

I decided to treat my mum to a holiday for her 70th birthday. First family holiday with my mum in over 20 years, booked a villa for my mum, 2 sisters and mum.

Only reason this isn’t getting 5 stars is cos I couldn’t truely judge the place properly due to visiting out of season and the place being very quiet.

Really nice wee villas, with very friendly staff. Pool area was kept clean and tidy (with so few guests it would be easy to overlook this but it wasn’t)

Hotel restaurant was nice, they done a great breakfast, and the dinner menu was quite varied, although we only ate dinner there twice as we had a fully equipped kitchen in our villa so made use of that most nights.

Situated a short 5 minute walk from a gorgeous little beach which I spent a lot of time just sitting looking out to sea losing my thoughts as I was the only person on the beach most of the time (only saw one person there, a little old local man fishing - bear in mind this was out of season, I’m told the beach comes to life during the peak seasons) I loved having what I saw as my own wee private beach.

The marina is a short walk away, although it is down a very steep hill, had to get. Taxi back cos my mum wouldn’t have made it up that hill.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 November 2017 via mobile

The rooms were great spacious and cery well equipt. The problem was the distance to old town it was €10 there and €10 back to hotel. We went to market one day and the cheapest taxi we could get was €35 there and €35 back do it ended up quite expensive for taxis. There was no buses and no shops nearby the nearest life was diwn at marina which was a 20 min walk down a very very steep hill. Would have been better if hotel could have provided transport to and from old town for a small fee

Reviewed 25 October 2017

We come to this hotel every evening for drinks, the staff are so lovely and friendly and the girls who work here are so sweet!! We decide to eat here tonight, we normally have a take away as we are staying at our daughters house which is within walking
distance, but it is our last night we ate in the restaraunt... I had the mixed seafood grill, king prawns, cod, salmon, sardines, tuna, cooked to perfection with a lovely salad and new potatoes. My husband had the mixed meat grill, which he said was lovely and at least 5 different meats with chips and salad and both were very affordable @ around 13 euros each, fantastic value for the money!! The barman, Paulo, welcomes us every night with a friendly hello!!! We will back next year and would recommend any body who is staying in the area or the hotel should definitely eat here. Also a sports bar with all the football on and a music channel. Lots of facilities for children, a lovely pool. Perfect holiday spot!!!!

Reviewed 23 October 2017 via mobile

Nice older-style timeshare. Big living space, could easily accommodate 6 people. Only one electric plug per room is a hassle, but workable as was the €5/day 4G wifi. Lots of well behaved kids and teenagers even for Fall. Grounds are well maintained and clean. On-site self-service laundry at €12/load overpriced. Worth the online budget price.

Reviewed 12 October 2017

Spent a week at Ponta Grande this September. Had a fantastic stay. Villa very spacious, clean and all the basic contents. Lovely quiet pool area and sports bar. A quiet area but perfect for a relaxing holiday. Beaches a short walk away. Would definitely stay again in the future.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple