4 people are viewing this hotel
eDreamsUSD 102
Trip.comUSD 81
FindHotelUSD 81
1,140 results
All reviews driving range washing machine superior apartment min walk old town bunk beds nice resort living room indoor pool half board local supermarket snack bar complex taxis reception euros tennis
Selected filters
Reviewed 21 September 2015 via mobile

This was our 2nd stay at Balaia and yet again we had a great apartment. They even upgraded us for a 2 bed, possibly because my husband needs ground floor due to using crutches. It was clean comfortable and lovely and cool with the aircon when needed. We were even lucky enough to have a washing machine and tumble dryer. Stayed near same pool as last year and it was cleaned every day and well maintained. Staff always helpful and gardens as well kept as ever. All in all it was fab.

Date of stay: May 2015
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Kate E
Reviewed 16 September 2015

We stay here very frequently when we need to relax and enjoy some sun!
As always, the apartment was very clean and the grounds and pool areas were very well maintained and tidy. My only disappointment...isn't it time for free Wifi?

Date of stay: August 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
4  Thank Murray-Whites
Reviewed 15 September 2015

its a lovely complex spotless well kept and love all the beautiful flowers & trees. the apartment was well equiped TV excellent. great location peaceful but not to far from all the action should you want this. Restaurant on site has limited choice and quiet pricey, but the food is nice.
This is not exactly a cheap accomadation, so to have to pay for WIFI at 25 Euros a week I felt was

Room tip: stay away from the rooms by the pool with the bar - very dark and dated
Date of stay: July 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank Anna A
Reviewed 15 September 2015

My mum bought myself and my boyfriend a week in Portugal staying at this stunning complex for my 21st birthday and whilst the complex itself was faultless there are some improvements which could be made.
Pros:
- 6 stunning pools that are ultra clean and have poolside bars for refreshments
- Spacious apartments with a fully functioning kitchen including EVERY possible appliance and utensil you would need, knives, forks, cheese grater, frying pans, sauce pans, smoothie maker, coffee maker, toaster, kettle, oven, grill, microwave etc! There could not have been more!!! Brilliant selection!
- TV with sky sports and all freeview channels which was good for
- Two balconies with sun loungers and a table and chairs
- Good location (10 minute walk from Maria Luisa beach and 20 minute walk to the strip- although most nights we opted for a taxi to the strip: 4 euros or to the old town: 8 euros).

Cons
- Wifi 25 euros for the week, which in my opinion, paying for the price of the apartment this should be included. The wifi was good at most times but sometimes knocked off and had to be reset for a period of time
- Playing golf on the complex was an extortionate price for a par 3 9 hole golf course. 10 euro per club to rent and then 30 euros to play the course. So all in all, if you were renting 3 clubs the 9 hole par 3 course would cost over 60 euros. In my opinion club rental should require a deposit that you get back if the clubs are returned in proper order. The complex is not exactly cheap for a week to stay in so to pay above the odds for golf and tennis shouldn't be the case.
- The maid service, although excellent majority of the time could be improved in some ways. Firstly it is not made clear when the maids visit, do they visit every day or twice in the week... I have no idea. We had to buy toilet paper from the supermarket as on two occasions the maids tidied the room and left no toilet paper.
- I was also slightly disappointed in the entertainment, I thought a fancy complex would have night time entertainment, possibly shows etc for kids and couples. There was none of this. We seen a poster for a parrot show at the complex, I asked the man in the restaurant about this and he said the parrot show was on Thursday at 9pm. So we went into the strip early and got dinner and came back out to the complex for 9 o'clock for the entertainment, the same man, in the restaurant at the complex then said it was next thursday. I was slightly annoyed as he could have been more clear earlier in the day when I had asked.

All in all an absolutely beautiful complex, so gorgeous and relaxing although improvements could be made

Date of stay: September 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 September 2015

just came back from a 4 day stay with my wife ,the village was spotless lovely and quiet.the restaurants were fairly priced, long walk for breakfast and we were told in the height of the season you have to wait for a table and the ques are long,staff were friendly and there is a supermarket on site again a little bit pricey but its what to expect,if your not there for golf you come out of the village turn right and walk for 15 mins over the roundabout and the strip comes up on the right hand side long street with loads of bars and all types of food ,very lively and entertaining,or get a taxi to the old town from the village 10 euros, lovely restaurants bars entertianment. street enertainers a castle great place for an evening out to much to see on one visit,all in all village was great aftre the hustle and bustle of the old town the village was nice and quiet lots of cold swimming pools but ok once you were in i would definatly stay again

Date of stay: September 2015