“A very relaxing and quaint cottage”
other travellers have booked this property
View from bathroom
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
View from bathroom
Bedroom through to lounge area
lounge area
Bathroom
View from terrace across bay
Sunrise on the terrace
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

KH999
uk
“Summer hol”
Reviewed 13 September 2018 for a stay in August 2018
person found this review helpful

Initially booked to come by myself however Mother got all clear to travel.
Took up pre paid transfer fro airport and back given keys and left looked for book to advise on holiday but there wasn't one but we had numbers on mobile.
I was planning a week lying on sun bed relaxing and reading
Firstly got on sun bed legs collapsed although I ain't size zero I am only 11 stone and felt it wasn't safe there was only one sun bed other alternative was to sit on wooden chair not quite what we had planned
Rang Janet and she brought one over we were out when she came and it was a cheap quality so we made do with one sun bed - feel with some tender loving care the terrace could be great adding another sun bed and new chairs furniture would be appreciated.
If you don't like cats stay away
although I've allergy to cats hair there is what's called cats colony housing (20 plus cats they even have a Facebook page) at back was speaking to the vet that looks after them they live there on waste land behind cottage and its there domain- being cats they are regular visitors to the terrace to scrounge food and sleep there overnight there is no way you could leave door open at night or during day as they would be inside.
Although it didn't bother us there were constantly different cats appearing throughout day and you could hear them on roof at night.
The shower and bathroom is good and kitchen appeared to have utensils although we just had toast and drinks as we ate out.
The cottage is unsuitable for elderly as 13 steps about 8 from bedroom to kitchen and outdoor access and further 5-6 to bathroom
I slept on futon and was comfy but I only had one sheet and we only again had change of towels midweek no fresh change of sheets despite 28-31 deg which was poor I felt couldn't and shouldn't have to keep calling Janet.
I didn't feel I could keep calling Janet as it states 24-48 contact on arrival I suppose replacing the sun bed counted?
the only call was afternoon before we were leaving to see what time we would be gone.
We had issue with wifi when I asked at restaurant next door were there issues as wifi is shared they said it's our internet !! Easy to access if sitting on terrace nearer restaurant - we went there a few times but found staff surly and not friendly
There bar across road was cheap and pleasant and although just handful of restaurant we pottered into old town and caught a taxi back up hill.
Found the sea quite rough on most days and although appearance of soft sand it's quite shale like.
Can say place is quiet to sleep and for £560 week I paid cannot grumble
The weather was great and I chilled out.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
17 Sep 2018
As stated this guest booked direct through our website casadaplaya.com as it's the cheapest method.

Cats. They are a problem in the area as the strays are looked after by well meaning people. We ask all guests not to encourage or feed them but not all comply as they like cats. There is not a lot we can do about it so as this reviewer says ,if you are not a cat lover or allergic please don't book.

The role of our agent Jan is to look after the property and sort any problems that may crop up whilst you are staying. That's explained in the Accommodation Voucher that each guest has access to via our website casadaplaya.com once they book. A password is provided to access the members page which provides all relevant info and her contact numbers.
It clearly states that if any problems do crop up to call Janet.

If the maid failed to leave the correct extra bedding then a call would have rectified that issue and if something went wrong every day then a call should be made ,that's her job.
Marian G
“A very relaxing and quaint cottage”
Reviewed 25 July 2018 for a stay in June 2018

I would highly recommend this cottage. It was in a brilliant location, beautiful views and relaxing part of the town. I would like to thank Adrian and Jackie Ridout for this enjoyable and well organised stay. I would definitely return in the near future. I would advise anyone interested, to contact Adrian or Jackie direct as they would certainly get a better deal.

26 Jul 2018
Thanks for your kind review and it was a pleasure to meet you both and look forward to seeing you again.
Exeter, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 July 2017 for a stay in July 2017

28 Jul 2017
Glad you enjoyed staying at CANTORA and look forward to seeing you again soon.
norderh
Toronto, Canada
“A real piece of paradise”
Reviewed 15 July 2017 for a stay in June 2017

This little house/cottage is wonderful in every possible way. Everything other reviewers have said is true and better - fantastic location within a few easy steps of beach, restaurants and shopping, but just far enough to be quiet and relaxing. As shown, the view is phenomenal and not much need to go anywhere! The cool breezes off the ocean make soaking up the sun here fantastic. Although I know it is rare, I did actually see whales going by one morning. The place is beautifully decorated, roomy and cozy, amazingly relaxing with everything you need. If there is something you think is missing, the property manager is attentive and readily available to help. The transfers from/to airport or train station is a great perk.The bathroom is out of this world. An absolute gem.

17 Jul 2017
Many thanks for your kind review,and we look forward to you returning.Great that you saw the Orca whales as well from the terrace.
Kind regards
Jackie
Climber66...
“Amazing location”
Reviewed 23 September 2016 for a stay in September 2016

Great location with view of the ocean, very close to the beach and the many restaurants of Albufeira. Quirky little cottage full of character. Local Agent very helpful in allowing us to stay on when we had a late flight back.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
24 Sep 2016
Thank you for your review,hope you come again.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing