All reviews the main square suited us perfectly expensive hotel back alley nice hotel bit dated old town town centre recommend this hotel minute walk central location first floor excellent breakfast wifi city walls portugal
Reviewed 13 September 2018

I check in and the receptionist is nice but when I go to the room the hot water is just barely warm and slows to a trickle. I call the front desk and she insists that her colleague tells her it's working , I said no its not and insisted she or her colleague come and look. When she got to the room I showed her that the water barely trickles and is lukewarm but she insisted and says it's working. I told her not to BS me.... either fix it or give me another room. She gave me another room and while she was there we checked the hot water it came out hot and strong for 3 minutes then after she went away it slowed back to barely a trickle. Don't go here if you want hot water, I'm getting mine from the coffee maker. The rooms are not bad .... I just don't like being lied to.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 September 2018 via mobile

Well, Evora is a place that you just going back to the hotel to sleep. The lobby is organized, with games and a computer, the breakfast was good, the rooms were cleaned, but they don’t ofer extra beds!! And the location is not the best, but you can get there.

Date of stay: September 2018
Reviewed 2 September 2018

we have spent only one night in this hotel and overall had a pleasant experience. Location is the best part, but rooms are a bit dated, we have not tried the breakfast as it did not seems very inviting and there are many options in the area. Service was good and quite easy to reach by car even though if you find the few car parking spots they have full, you have to park far away and walk back to the Hotel. If you travel with small kids, please note that they have no extra beds.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 19 August 2018 via mobile

We have stayed in this hotel only 1 night just for commuting reasons because we visited Algarve but flying back from Lisbon, so staying there was a good choice as it was in the middle of the two. The room was ok and the hotel near the city centre. We really appreciated the breakfast since it was complete with fresh products and provided early in the morning; this was good for us because we needed to leave at 8 in the morning and we were able to have it without asking to get it before the scheduled time. The staff was really kind and gave us also suggestions for the parking in the area. Inside there is a restaurant opened till 10 pm but we didn’t try it. Only one negative comment is that there was no elevator; we were at the first floor and it was not necessary, but we would have appreciated especially when arriving and leaving with the buggages. We suggest it, also because it was the less expensive hotel we found in Portugal!

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 July 2018

Very tough to find down an alley off one of the main roads in town. Hotel has about 8 parking spots on that main road and we were lucky to get one. No idea what we would have had to do if you hadn't got it. Location is right in the middle of the old town, inside the wall. Direction signs in the town pointing you in the general direction of the hotel still show the old name, Hotel Santa Clara, which are travel documents also showed, very confusing. Took us quite awhile to find the place

Date of stay: June 2018