All reviews indoor pool vegetarian buffet nice hotel located bit dated big hotel nice weekend big parking parking facilities cleaning staff room was clean and comfortable the air conditioning nice terrace minute drive town centre star hotel spent one night the hotel offers
Reviewed 17 September 2018 via mobile

We arrived around 11 pm and there was an event going on. At check-in we requested a double bed room and we were told that we had a twin room that had been prepared as a double. We were fine with that. Once we arrived at the room we were so disappointed. Firstly we were allocated right on top of the event room on rhe first floor. The lights wouldn't go on, so we had to be ourselves turning on all the lamps, the bed was not made up as a double. There was mould in the bathroom, the toilet paper rack was broken and the shower curtain is a regular cloth curtain, so you can imagine what happens when you take a shower. Also, the shower had a leak and we had to close the bathroom door to be able to aleep. The electricity board was completely open inside the wardrobe which is dangerous. My boyfriend is a heavy sleeper but I'm not so I was awake until about 1 am with music of the event. You can also hear everything from one room to another as I woke up with the guests' next door alarm. In the morning i went into the balcony which was dirty, with only one chair and the view was just as bad as you can get. I guess we were allocated in such a bad room because we were only staying one night. Still 100 € for a room like this is not worth it. There's a big breakfast room with lots of light but not a big selection of items. The staff is very polite and nice. I would say this hotel needs a big investment specially for the room's renovation.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
mmb61, General Manager at Evora Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2018

Dear Guest Patricia M

Thank you for your stay and I regret that you did not like the hotel.

I sent a message through Tripadvisor

Reviewed 27 August 2018

The rooms are very good and clean. The staff is very nice, very polite and helpful. The breakfast is very good. The swiming pool is very good. The location is good. The price-quality relationship is very good. I strongly recommend.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
mmb61, General Manager at Evora Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2018

Dear Gabriel B

Many thanks for choosing us for your stay in Evora.
Your comments motivate all of us to continue to do more and better for our guests.
We look forward to receiving you again.

Reviewed 9 July 2018

The entourage I was a member of got the hotel really late, as we had been working and very tiered. Upon asking for the bar service we were met with a very dry response from the clerk.
The hotel was clean but the rooms and the remaining facilities, even though they are still adequate, are a little passé. At breakfast the team was once more a little dry and inaccessible to the costumers requests.
The hotel was fully booked, as it seemed, but the staff level was bellow standard.

Stayed: July 2018
mmb61, General Manager at Evora Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2018

Dear Guest Paulo P

Many thanks for your stay and your comments

We have been recognized for our good welcome, and we regret this situation.

Reviewed 5 July 2018

I visited Évora this time of year (São João) and like all previous years, I stayed at Évora Hotel.
The staff are nice, helpful and supportive but that was just that.
The hotel is outdated despite some upgrade some years ago, and even after some minor newer changes in the rooms with some new furniture, cannot accept that the towels are no longer white, the AC unit is controlled with the same old wall control and it’s noisy. As for the pool towels that Hotel kindly provide... a complete joke.
The Bathroom of the Suite, have a bathtub with Jacuzzi, but it didn’t work and, despite being seemingly clean, is outdated and heavily used.
The Room was clean but the closet have damaged sliding doors and a terrible interior with a safe still with key from early years and a minibar. There is a LCD and a lot of channels to choose from and a proper working Wi-Fi in the room.
One of the doors to the balcony, didn’t lock and with small kids, need to use the lock on the top to avoid being opened.
Breakfast was just average despite some variety, when before I considered it, above average.
There is a car park, bigger each time, but always full due to conferences/conventions, weddings and guests and pool visitors.
This review is not from this year visit only, but I was trying to avoid the inevitable for the last couple of years.
I still recommend the Hotel, but as 4 star hotel and for the price, what is delivered, is not enough…

Stayed: June 2018

Dear Guest PLS- Lisbon

We thank you for your stay at this hotel and your comments.
These comments will serve to correct what is less wel, and We hope to be able to receive you again without these problems

Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

It is an embarrassing experience. My wife and I together with a group of friends, we checked in to the Evora Hotel in Evora, Portugal.
After check in we went to our rooms. I used the toilet without realising that there is no more toilet paper. Luckily my wife was in the room so she called the reception. But the girl do not understand English and she hung up on us. My wife had to go to the reception to get the toilet paper herself. What a bad way to start the day.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
mmb61, General Manager at Evora Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2018

Dear Guest

Thank you for your stay in this hotel.

Unfortunately there has been a forgetfulness in the placement of extra toilet paper.

Our apologies for this mistake