“Really great”

Cuisines: Portuguese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 9 April 2018 via mobile

I really do not recognize the last comments left by my French compatriotes. It is an excellent and typical restaurant that also serve a large choice of good Portuguese wines. The staff is adorable and price is at the level of the cooking.

Reviewed 26 February 2018

Even though we were not received on arrival (since the person at the door was still lively on the phone in a personal conversation ...) after sitting down we have only to say good of the service: warm, available and worried.

The food, despite a not very extensive menu, had the typical Alentejo dishes and was well cooked.

Had a good wine list but few choices by the glass.

The desserts did not fail us: typical and well made.

The room is small but nicely decorated and cozy.

It is an option to consider in Evora since it is a good balance quality / price.

Reviewed 27 November 2017

This restaurant was totally full when we enterd and yet they managed to squeeze us in a corner. We decided on Bacalau which was recommended by the owner and IT WAS OUT OF THE WORLD! Shame this place is so far away. Interesting people in the restaurant. Try it out!

Reviewed 1 November 2017

Group of 4 adults were warmly welcomed & served first-rate traditional Portuguese food.
Tasty starters, excellent beef & pork mains, and nice wines.
Exceptional value: Total cost for 4 people came to only €89.

Reviewed 13 October 2017

This place didn't look too welcoming from the outside -- no sidewalk tables, and the door seemed to be closed (though there was an "abierto" sign on it). Once the waitress let me in, though, I ended up having a nice meal. I wondered why the spinach soup cost 11 euros but decided to give it a try, and was rewarded with a very filling dish.

Serving it was a bit of a production. First the waitress brought me an empty bowl into which she dropped a few small slices of bread. Then she brought a dish of spinach, potato, chunks of cheese, garlic, and egg, which she spooned on top of my bread. Then she brought a bowl of spinach and broth, which turned my chunky stew-like stuff into soup. It was pretty good! The cheese was pretty salty (sheep cheese, I think?) so little chunks went a long way in combination with everything else.

I'm no foodie, but it seemed like genuine local Portuguese cuisine to me. Good lunch!