“Nice restaurant”

Ranked #1 of 290 Restaurants in Evora
Good for: Bar Scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Small, limited seats at the bar, the food is good and traditional with local products, Local wine, need to book.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,059)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We went there for lunch and had high expectations. All expectations were met by the lovely staff. From the batter-fried sausage, the baked mushrooms to the bacalhau and the lamb chops, absolutely delicious. Served with home made fresh crisps and a tasty salad. Absolute must go in Évora. Worth the travel and worth the wait (only 8 places available!).

Reviewed 12 September 2018 via mobile

We were tipped to go here and it fully was worth the trip! We had a wonderful lunch in a 9 seat restaurant. It was a great experience; the food amazing, great wines and wonderful service. In Michelin term; worth any trip ...

Reviewed 11 September 2018 via mobile

It was such a treat, getting to enjoy an evening full of amazing food and wonderful interactions with Domingos and other fellow diners. It was a dinner I will never forget.

The food was simple yet exquisite. Truly speaks to the chef’s skills when a dish with 2-3 ingredients in total (e.g. mushrooms, olive oil, salt) can blow you away. Everything we had was fantastic: mushrooms, ham with melon and figs, shrimp with garlic, clams, roasted cheese, asparagus scrambled eggs, fish, black pork, and desserts..

We had already had multiple Michelin-starred meals in Portugal on this trip, and this meal blew us away more than any of those previous meals. Truly a special experience.

For timing tip, we arrived at 6:25 to find 6 people already in queue. They had arrived at 6pm.. the door opened at 7:30pm. At least two other parties arrived after us, only to realize there wouldn’t be room for them. 10 people were accommodated at our dinner. Although the wait was long, the weather and ambience were nice. And the food and the whole experience were well worth the wait!

I hope to come back to Évora and this gem of a restaurant in the future.

Reviewed 5 September 2018

I always like to read the worst reviews of a place before I read the best, for I can then gas myself up to spew what I truly feel about the place I'm about to write about.
We were on our eighth day of two week Iberian adventure, having just left Seville, Spain and heading for Mafra, Portugal our likely stop along the way was Evora.
Now, I'm going to say that we're Foodies but honestly, we love good, well prepared, thoughtful presentation and honest purveyors. This place hits all. From the time we walked in (just before closing) to the time we left (well after closing) we were treated in the most kind and professional way. The owner is charming and a delight to watch him do his thing in about 300 sq. ft. And his wife is a Chef de Cuisine who manages in the tiniest kitchen I've even seen. Hats off to Chef!
Everything here is perfection. If you enjoy small eateries, this place is for you. If you're alright with waiting for a chance to nestle up on a seat, this place is for you. If you are into exceptional, this place is for you.
However, if food is just about filling your stomach...

1  Thank drink8648