“Excellent European food”

Ranked #41 of 69 Restaurants in Curridabat
Price range: USD 12 - USD 24
Cuisines: French, Swiss
Reviewed 19 June 2017

I had a complete tasty experience: Tomato Soup, Chef's Salmon Special, and Nutella Crepe as dessert, all of that with a delicious watermelon natural drink. The service was as quite as I needed it: without interrupting my privacy, but always being aware of my needs. Everything was even more delicious than I expected and the menu definitely left me with the desire to get back and try more options.

Reviewed 25 November 2016

Came back after a very good experience. But this time it was very bad. The cheese fondue ( supposedly with 2 Swiss cheese ) was not at all. Maybe you can fool a newcomer. After trying the first time, we returned it because it was not a cheese fondue, rather it was a mix of some cheese and turned into a soup with flour.
It was returned to us, somewhat thicker, But what was done, just some more flour and some other type of cheese was added. Smelled like Parmesan. We returned again and asked for a correct cheese fondue. But instead we received the same, thickened some more.
When we mentioned this to the waiter, his response was that the cook had used the wrong cheese (Gouda).
In short, the cheese fondue was very, but very bad, did not eat it. But where charged 18.000 Colones for something that was not worse it.
The wine was good, but no compensation, for the bad moment.
Will not repeat this restaurant any more.

1  Thank Christian F
Reviewed 7 July 2016 via mobile

Service was great. Very nice server and tries very well in English for non Spanish speaking. The food won't overly impress but was ok. We got the fruit fondue at the end and it was nice, not enough fruit for the chocolate so we asked for spoons.

Reviewed 25 June 2016 via mobile

We were looking for a good place to celebrate with my mother. The food was pretty awful, nevertheless the service was excellent

Reviewed 21 September 2015

We were looking for a special place to celebrate my birthday. Originally I was considering to go for Mexican but the place I wanted was closed. So we went to this place and at the end we chose this place.

My fondue was good (chicken). It was not the best dish I had but It was something different. My wife was so happy with her fondue with tomato sauce. And the desert was amazing for her (sweetened milk fondue). The service was very kind but I wonder why there is only one waiter because if the place is full... It would take long to be attended.
He came with a small cake and sang happy birthday to me. Nice detail!

I liked the place, my wife loved it, and I'd like to taste other fondues in close future.
Something different!