Bed and Breakfast saBBajon
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Ariane hotel(Ieper (Ypres))
View Hotel
Novotel Ieper Centrum(Ieper (Ypres))
  • Restaurant
Ambrosia Hotel(Ieper (Ypres))
Albion Hotel(Ieper (Ypres))
View Hotel
Kasteelhof 't Hooghe(Ieper (Ypres))
Palace Hotel(Poperinge)
  • Restaurant
All reviewssweet chocolatehomemade jamsorange roommulti jet showerseparate bathopen plancentrally located within walking distancemobile numberhonesty barspacious roombig bathroomfree parkingan amazing hosttrain stationtake your timebreadperfect stay
Reviewed 5 February 2017

This is a very centrally located B&B Clean modern rooms, though steep staircase and no lift. take your time on getting to your room.Very clean good value and breakfast good nice dinning room. This is the second visit. We were made most welcome.

Room Tip: If you are not good on stairs ask for first floor rooms
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
sabbajon, Owner at Bed and Breakfast saBBajon, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2017

Hi 2910Alan,

thank you very much for your nice comment. Because the reservation was made on the name of your son, I didn't know and realise you were the other person who booked a room, so sorry for the inconvenience. I couldn't change anymore because I was fully booked those dates. With my sincere apologies.
Next time I'll give you a room at the first floor! Please let me know in advance.

Kindest regards,
Jo

Reviewed 24 January 2017

We were met by Jo who made us very welcome from the start. The rooms are lovely, large and beautifully designed with modern themes and furniture and fittings which are of the highest quality. Beds are superbly comfortable and the whole place is spotlessly clean. The location is quiet and peaceful but just a few minutes walk from the lovely town centre. Breakfast was superb and plentiful with perfectly cooked eggs to your liking. Jo's own home made jam with fresh crusty bread finished breakfast off perfectly. Advertised as a B&B but is much more than that, self contained and more like a high class apartment hotel with a fabulous breakfast spread laid on. I will be back and I'm looking forward to it already!

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 December 2016 via mobile

We booked a one night stay with friends and must say how impressed we were.
Normally our preference would be to book a well known large hotel chain so you know what you are getting. However, this lovely B&B caught our eye especially with the fabulous reviews.
The proprietor, Jo, emailed me a night before to request what time we anticipated to arrive and provided a mobile number so we could contact her should we have any concerns.
Jo offered a very warm welcome and showed us around the property and I must say we were not disappointed, the rooms were absolutely spotless, lovely comfortable beds and an amazing bathroom that housed a seperate toilet, large bath and massaging shower! Our friends were also very impressed!
Jo left us asking her to contact her if we had any problems and we had the run of to the hotel. We found that Jo showed ultimate trust in us and allowed us access to the mini bar (first drink free to welcome us) we just needed to be honest and advise her of what we took so we could be charged on departure - she called it 'The Trust Bar' (not sure the same idea could be used in Britain).
Breakfast was continental and in addition Jo offered a selection of eggs, tea and coffee. The dining room was clean, petite and over looked a small courtyard, that I am sure would be lovely in the summer.
Check out was quick and easy and in the sort time of our stay I felt we knew Jo a long time...very lovely, friendly and welcoming - definitely the heart of the B&B.
The location of the B&B was great...a very short walk into the centre of Ypres. We attended just before Christmas, so witnessed the beauty of such a beautiful town with Christmas lights making the cathedrals even more breathtaking. A lovely choice of restaurants to suit all tastes and not to mention the famous belgian chocolate shops.
I would love to return to Belgium and if we do we will most certainly be staying here again and would definitely recommend this B&B. Thank you Jo x

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 September 2016

Lovely B&B. Rooms are very trendy and very spacious. Bed linen and towels are beautifully clean and of lovely quality.
Continental breakfast was more than adequate and they will cook you egg’s to your liking if you wish.
The owners Son and Daughter who looked after us at breakfast were lovely, friendly and a credit to their parents.
Of the 4 rooms 2 are to the back of the house and 2 to the front and If I went again (which I definitely would) I would request 1 of the back rooms for quietness as the road outside is cobbled resulting in the vehicle noise being quite loud and we found we needed to have the windows closed for sleeping, it was hot whilst we were there and although the fan provided was of good quality and quiet the addition of a small air conditioning unit would have undoubtedly allowed a better night’s sleep in terms of room heat. In terms of road noise there seemed very little traffic during the night but the road became busy after about 7:30am and taking a nap before getting ready to go out in the evening was a little difficult having said that if it’s cool enough to have the windows closed this wouldn’t be an issue. My husband is able to wear ear plugs and he had no problem sleeping at all!
This B&B is in a superb position with everything very close by and plenty of free parking nearby. I would definitely recommend this to anyone wishing to stay in Ypres.

Room Tip: Back rooms quieter.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 September 2016 via mobile

We stayed for a week to work on forging a new cenotaph in the grote market. Jo made us entirely welcome from the moment she picked us up at the station. We wanted a comfortable place with lots of space for a long stay and saBBajon was spot on.
Her house is beautifully renovated with a large dining and lounge room downstairs opening onto a pretty leafy courtyard. There is a well stocked honesty bar. Jo is only a phone call away if anything is needed.
We had the orange delight room on the 1st floor. Again just beautifully done and luxuriously appointed throughout.
The bathroom is open plan and spacious with a great shower and separate bath.
The rooms are large, light filled and airy. The windows into the garden open up for lots of fresh air. They are well kept, clean and tidy.
The breakfasts are great, being met each day by Jo or Astrid's wonderful smile is a brilliant way to start the day. There is a large selection of tasty treats along with eggs cooked anyway.
SaBBajon is very central, yet tucked away nicely.
Jo gave us absolutely excellent recommendations for meals and helped us with finding all the things we needed around town.
I recommend saBBajon to you as an excellent place to stay.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple