All reviews mediterranean room pain au chocolat every morning excellent location long weekend stayed here for nights laurence furnishings hairdryer canal
Reviewed 3 January 2012

The lady running the B&B was possibly the friendliest hotelier I have ever come across! She was so welcoming and down to earth, even feeling our New Years Day pain with a late breakfast (which is excellent by the way). The rooms are very clean and individually themed adding to a sense of occasion. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: December 2011
Reviewed 19 November 2011

This is one of the best B&Bs I've ever stayed at, a great choice for a trip to Brugge. The room was so eclectically decorated, I loved it! The owners are very sweet and were waiting on us for our late arrival. We parked at the train station and took the bus into the center of town, I can't remember if they had nearby parking. They serve an awesome breakfast in your room, which we loved. We ate every morning in our room's breakfast nook overlooking the street below. I would definitely stay here again and highly recommended to everyone!

Room Tip: We stayed in the first floor room, 4 post wooden bed and an 'out house' in the room for the toilet- sounds strange but it isn't trust me. It's a cool room!
  • Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 October 2011

We stayed at the Calis in September and what a little gem it is! The hosts were the friendliest and most accommodating people ever...There are just 4 themed rooms, we stayed in the "African" room...which was very comfortable. An amazing continental breakfast is served in the room which we thought was a nice touch. The Calis is situated in the historic centre of Bruges...just 100metres from the main square, an absolutely fabulous location...Highly recommended! The only reason I haven't rated this a 5 is that the toilet is in the bedroom! (partitioned off by a 5ft wall with no door) This is fine if you have no inhibitions but in my opinion there are certain things one likes to keep private!!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 October 2011

We stayed here for one night on September 13. We stayed in the Creole room and chose it based on the pictures on the website. We liked the look of the raised platform on which the breakfast table was located. The window there looks out on an alley and a rooftop garden across the way. The lighting was nice and the room was well-decorated with a comfortable bed. The biggest downside was probably the noise from the alley outside the room (which is probably something that's hard to avoid if you want a place close to the middle of Bruges).

Location: block and a half from the town hall square. Two blocks from a parking garage that's 8.5 euro/day. Charlie Rockets hostel is a block away and is probably part of the reason for the noise.

Service: The owners came outside when we arrived and directed us to the parking garage, made recommendations for waffles and chocolates (good recommendations), and allowed us to leave our baggage as late as 6pm the following day (the room wasn't taken so we just kept the key).

Breakfast was prompt and very good, with soft-boiled eggs, toast, jam, fresh juice, coffee and hot chocolate. (only one hot drink apiece).

Room Tip: -Creole room is below the other rooms. you can hear people trudging up the stairs right outside your door. not a problem if you have quiet neighbors, and we thought it was the prettier room -bring your own soap or shampoo. when we were there we only got little sampler packets
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 September 2011

I travelled with my husband in April for a 3 night stay. So I must apologise for this late review. We stayed in the Creole Room, which has the most comfortable bed either of us have ever slept in. The room itself is quite eclectic and wonderful. The loo is located in the bedroom, so I would suggest this room to couples who are extremely comfortable with each other! The owners of Calis, are the most friendliest and accommodating hosts we have met. Breakfast is served in the room, and was brought in by the lovely Laurence. This would actually keep us going until early evening! We would definitely go back there again and again and again......

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple