“Worth vistubg”

and up
Choco-Story: The Chocolate Museum in Bruges
Ranked #56 of 158 things to do in Bruges
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Informative museum learning the history of coco bean. Worthwhile visiting. Free chocolate tasting which is always good!.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,946)
All reviews
in 196 reviews
"history"
in 749 reviews

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Worth visiting for the background on chocolate and how it’s become the industry and every day item it is now. Didn’t hang around for the demonstration at the end as there were quite a lot of unruly kids (poorly behaved parents?). Loved the little chocolate vending machines as you go around.

Reviewed 6 April 2018

My siblings and I visited Choco-Story over the Easter weekend. We arrived first thing in the morning on Good Friday (no queues at 10:00!) and happily did the full tour of the museum while sampling the various chocolates on offer.

The only unfortunate experience was that the live example only started at 11:00, and we had to leave by then for our next tour.

Reviewed 5 April 2018

The museum tells the story of the history of chocolate from its discovery and first uses to the chocolate we know today. They affect free samples - how bad can that be!

1  Thank rafftigg
See more reviews
Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

A self guided tour that I hate to admit I found boring at the start.

I wanted to see, smell and taste chocolate but all I could see were tales of Incas and Mayans.

The second floor was extremely interesting, full of information on the cacao bean and here's where it gripped us.

Well it also had an "all you can eat" chocolate stand. Ok you weren't officially allowed stash any chocolate but I couldn't resist!!!

The longer we were there, the more enthralled we became.... plus more free chocolate.

There was a really informative video and endless infographics.

To finish off the tour, there was a fascinating demo by one of the very experienced chocolatiers. With... yes more chocolate tasting!

So for €8 we got a chocolate bar on entry, an hour and a half of fun facts, interesting infographics, endless free white, milk and dark chocolate buttons, a chocolate making demo and a free praline. Yes there was a boring 5/10 minutes at the start that I walked quickly through (sorry... I was there for the Chocolate not the Inca history) but overall I could not recommend this highly enough.

You'd expect the prices in the shop as you exit to be sky high to take advantage of your chocolate buzz, but the prices were very reasonable and the selection was great.

Well worth a visit!!!