Choco-Story - The Chocolate Museum
  • Tour highlights & full itinerary
  • Easy online booking
  • Lowest price guaranteed
More Information

Recommended experiences in and around Bruges
from USD 21.98
from USD 46.28
from USD 22.56
from USD 8.10
3,153 results
All reviews free bar chocolate samples praline making cocoa beans free samples informative museum several floors gift shop self guided tour chip museum great museum worth a visit different languages fries demo history aztec
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Worth visiting for the background on chocolate and how it’s become the industry and every day item it is now. Didn’t hang around for the demonstration at the end as there were quite a lot of unruly kids (poorly behaved parents?). Loved the little chocolate vending machines as you go around.

Reviewed 6 April 2018

My siblings and I visited Choco-Story over the Easter weekend. We arrived first thing in the morning on Good Friday (no queues at 10:00!) and happily did the full tour of the museum while sampling the various chocolates on offer.

The only unfortunate experience was that the live example only started at 11:00, and we had to leave by then for our next tour.

Date of experience: March 2018
Reviewed 5 April 2018

The museum tells the story of the history of chocolate from its discovery and first uses to the chocolate we know today. They affect free samples - how bad can that be!

Date of experience: October 2017
1  Thank rafftigg
Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

A self guided tour that I hate to admit I found boring at the start.

I wanted to see, smell and taste chocolate but all I could see were tales of Incas and Mayans.

The second floor was extremely interesting, full of information on the cacao bean and here's where it gripped us.

Well it also had an "all you can eat" chocolate stand. Ok you weren't officially allowed stash any chocolate but I couldn't resist!!!

The longer we were there, the more enthralled we became.... plus more free chocolate.

There was a really informative video and endless infographics.

To finish off the tour, there was a fascinating demo by one of the very experienced chocolatiers. With... yes more chocolate tasting!

So for €8 we got a chocolate bar on entry, an hour and a half of fun facts, interesting infographics, endless free white, milk and dark chocolate buttons, a chocolate making demo and a free praline. Yes there was a boring 5/10 minutes at the start that I walked quickly through (sorry... I was there for the Chocolate not the Inca history) but overall I could not recommend this highly enough.

You'd expect the prices in the shop as you exit to be sky high to take advantage of your chocolate buzz, but the prices were very reasonable and the selection was great.

Well worth a visit!!!

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

The museum itself wasn’t bad, quite interesting history of chocolate and how it came into being as we know it. However, the best bit of the whole thing was the chocolate-making demo at the end. The guy doing it was amazing... he explained what he was doing in both English and Dutch concurrently while making a tray of pralines. During the demo, two different chocolates were passed round the group, and at the end we all got to taste the pralines he just made, all of which were delicious. He also took questions at the end, was clearly really knowledgeable and passionate about his work and was able to articulate this naturally without relying on a script. For an €8 ticket (or less if you get one of the combo deals with other museums), this is a really fun way to pass a couple of hours if you’re a chocolate lover.