All reviews duplex apartment nice church no lift lovely family run third floor breakfast room beautiful old building minute walk city centre clean hotel bread quiet street pastries double bed reception area short stay main attractions
Reviewed 7 August 2013

beware removed money from my credit card without authorisation before my arrival. very agressive on the phone and completely unwilling to accept the mistake and would not refund the money. All this because i dared to ring up to enquire about the cancellation policy. I will not and have not stayed here so cannot comment on those aspects of the hotel.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank ian m
katie d, Owner at Hotel Asiris, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2013

if you make a reservation you agree with te cancelation condicions. We just told you that on the Phone after you called. ( for the secound time, your wife already called) You did not accept that but that is how all hotels work. We told you calm that we would take 30% of your reservation and you started to scream .that was the end of the phonecall!

Reviewed 20 July 2013

Stayed two nights, 10 minute walk to town centre which was good as you were able to get away from it all. This is residential area with a great restaurant beside the hotel and great local bar around the corner. We frequented both of them on our two night stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 June 2013

I occupied a single room which is in the attic on the third floor of the hotel. On my arrival the lady on reception arranged for her son to deliver my luggage up the stairs which was a nice gesture. The hotel is a liittle way from the Market town centre and quite a long way from the railway station,but in a nice area. The bed was very comfortable, the decor was also pleasant, but there were parts of the room where the roof sloped and where it was not possible to stand erect. However, there was a reasonable amount of space in the room one could move about normally. There was a desk area, but the lighting over the desk was a little poor. The worst feature was the shower over bath, where there was not a shower curtain to prevent water splashing to the floor, but the worst part about using the shower, was that one had to stand in the bath where the roof sloped below head height, I really had to crouch in the bath to shower. (This may have only applied to this single attic room). Breakfasts were very good. The staff were very pleasant and always friendly and very helpful so I did enjoy my stay there. As I was leaving early prior to breakfast on the last day, I was handed a meal package containing fruit, filled bread rolls, cold drink and more to take with me on the train, which I thought was another nice gesture.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 June 2013

Owner was friendly and welcoming and spoke good English. We had booked parking but there is on street with a permit supplied free outside. Charged parking is a garage off street. Room on third floor, be aware no lift and steep stairs. No kettle or tea and coffee take your own. Breakfast was extra but town is 10 mins away so more choice if you require. Not a bad view over rooftops. Room was clean OK for the price for such a central location. Easy to find on foot less easy by car without sat nav due to one way streets.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MrB1961
Reviewed 29 May 2013

This hotel offers everything you need for a short stay in bruges! The owners are friendly and helpful. The room was practical. Parking is available for 10 euros a day. Breakfast was plentiful! If I was being picky then the only downside was how warm the room was! However a fan was provided!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple