All reviews duplex apartment nice church no lift lovely family run third floor breakfast room beautiful old building minute walk city centre clean hotel bread quiet street pastries double bed reception area short stay main attractions
Reviewed 7 December 2012

no lift but only a few floors but of course the stairs are narrow and steep as with most hotels of this kind in Holland and Belgium.

The owner is friendly and helpful which goes a long way. There's free wifi but you have to get the details from reception, which isn't always manned so remember to grab it when you check in.

The breakfast room is a beautiful, OTT traditional room and the buffet choice was pretty well European (cheese, pastries, ham, boiled eggs, toast.. you know the drill) and the coffee was a bit weak but still acceptable.

There are smoking and non smoking rooms (make sure you specify when you book) and my only criticism was that the shower was tiny. My room was small and there was a chair but it wasn't a comfy one, rather it was an upright one for the small work desk. There was a flat-screen on the wall and had a lot of interesting channels. I discovered the Russian version of CNN! very interesting! :) but it's not a room you'd want to be hanging around in.

It's a little off the beaten track (all of 10 mins walk into the main tourist drag) but is worth it. There's a little restaurant overlooking one of the canals a few minutes walk away that is good to nip into when you fancy a quick beer or a snack. They even have an outside area that would be lovely in summer to just sit and watch the world go by.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 November 2012

This is what i call a nice , clean hotel. A good service and nice people who will help at any time of the day. Next time i visit Brugge i will stay there again. Good and plenty breakfast. Easy access to the centre of bruges

Room Tip: Ask for room 5, but be aware for a little step between bedroom hand bathroom.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 November 2012

My partner and I found the hotel with little problems and it was right near the bus at the back of Brugge which was a pleasant location, i.e. away from the traffic, tourists, hustle bustle. I must admit it was a little odd on first greetings but it was all in good spirit. I like the autonomy, simple check in as we were left our own vises. Breakfast was well presented with a good spread to choose from although when we travel we are pretty much in and out for most the day but it was a god start to each day. The rooms are slightly older but with such charm and character. Be cautious as with most European countries when it says 2nd floor it actually refers to the 3rd or forth as the ceilings are quite high. Anyone traveling to Brugge should expect this though if you have done your research. Overall very happy and would certainly return.

Room Tip: Choose a lower level room if you have problems climbing stairs. I would certainly recommend the higher level ones for the view and character.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mjgalliott
Reviewed 26 October 2012

Small but clean room.

Friendly and helpful staff.

Good location, close to center but not noisy - except the church bell (not at night, though).

Garage close but quite expensive. Nice and plentiful breakfast.

Bathroom quite difficult. Hard to shower in the tub under the low roof. Probably the top floor room (that we had) is very warm when the weather is hot.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 September 2012

I booked this hotel from www.venere.com. I have a 8 month old baby who is extremely well behaved. In small letters at the bottom of the page, it warned that they wouldn't let kids under 6 stay there. It wasn't printed ANYWHERE else and therefore I didn't notice it. My husband, 8 month old and I were left with nowhere to stay on the day we were in Brugge because they wouldn't let us stay with our baby. The man I spoke with was super rude about it when I asked him why and kept speaking over me and wouldn't let me speak! It was terrible. Even if this place is amazing, the service was terrible.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank emilyhughes
katie d, Owner at Hotel Asiris, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2012

those people never stayed in the hotel,they canceled there reservation 1 hour before arriving becourse they saw that they booked a double room and they were with 3
they were angry and rude to us becourse they did not want to pay the 3th person ( child also needs towels and a bed) so they canceled true ore website were everything is mentioned!
asiris hotel