“Gem of a restaurant found in Bruge”
Review of Reliva

Reliva
Ranked #14 of 767 Restaurants in Bruges
Price range: AU$113 - AU$295
Cuisines: French, Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: No nonsense, gezellig tafelen in het historisch centrum van Brugge. ​Lien en Cédric heten jullie van harte welkom!
Reviewed 8 September 2016

My wife and I stumbled across this lovely restaurant and enjoyed a very nice lunch.
My wife has Coeliac disease and the staff were very helpful . Food was fresh, nicely presented, I enjoyed a Belgian boutique beer and my wife had a nice white wine. We would recommend this restaurant and certainly revisit ourselves.

Date of visit: August 2016
1  Thank russell s

Reviewed 6 September 2016 via mobile

This is a small restaurant in Bruges. The young man runs the front of the house , and his girlfriend is the chef. They have an excellent wine list, making trips to France and finding small winemakers. We had a lovely gazpacho amuse bouche, as well as some potato salad. I had the fish of the day(lemon sole) with vegetables and cous cous, my husband had the bouillabaisse. Both delicious. We shared fresh fruit with yogurt for dessert.

Reviewed 4 September 2016 via mobile

If you visit Bruges, there's no reason I to skip Reliva. The service is very friendly, the food is exceptional!
We really like it!

Reviewed 2 September 2016

We booked this restaurant based on reviews and the fact that they had vegetarian food on their menu. When we arrived it was such a lovely warm evening that everyone was sat outside. There was a nice table for us so we did too. As soon as we were seated and looking at the menu we were told that the vegetarian main had sold out (this was at 8pm). I then struggled to find anything else that I wanted. There was an aubergine and goat cheese dish but I dislike both. The waiter said a couple of times that he would not be offended if we left but I said we would stay as my husband found plenty to satisfy him on the menu (none vegetarian). I selected two sides to have as my main, a cauliflower dish and falafal. My husband's starter arrived with my cauliflower and I nibbled a little as I wanted to save it for my main. I also ordered some crispy cabbage which I disliked due to the flavour (not sure what it was). My husband finished his starter and we waited for ages for the next course. As we thought this might be because I hadnt finished my cauliflower we called the waiter and advised him that I was saving it. He said the delay was due to the fact that there was only one person cooking. The mains came. My husband had the fish stew and my falafal arrived which was raw. I hadnt realised that I was ordering raw food. I disliked it and left most of it. When asked if we had enjoyed our food, I said I hadnt really liked the cold raw falafal, at which point the waiter went to get the menu and told me it was served at 42 degrees - either way I didn't like it. I must admit to feeling a little uncomfortable with his attitude. The choices for vegetarians was very poor as far as I was concerned. I was disappointed that the thai vegetables were sold out. With hindsight we should have left. Everyone else seemed to be enjoying their food. Perhaps it was just me. I can only rate this based on my own experience

Date of visit: August 2016
Reviewed 2 September 2016 via mobile

We went with a party including one vegetarian and four meat-eaters. The set menu catered well for both options, with imaginative use of ingredients. Very good selection of beers and wines too.