“Excellent Thai food”

Ranked #68 of 794 Restaurants in Bruges
Price range: USD 6 - USD 25
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Cosy, romantic Thai restaurant, where the chefs the best from the Thai kitchen prepare for you.
Reviewed 26 April 2018

Visited 25/4/18. Greeted with a very friendly welcome from the owner. Pleasant ambience and attentive service. All dishes can be adjusted to your ‘heat’ preferences!
Both starters and main courses were excellent, accompanied by a fine South African Chenin Blanc. It proved a perfect end to an enjoyable few days in Bruges. If you enjoy Thai style food, you should not be disappointed.

Reviewed 23 April 2018

My parents and I were staying in the middle of Brugge old town and went out of our way to find this place which is on the edge of the town near the highway. We arrived to friendly service by a manager or possibly the owner who found us a table despite no reservation. After this it went sharply down hill. The waiter who attended to us was rude, arrogant and barely bothered. We felt like an inconvenience. I started by asking about the specifics of a wine on the list and was given a sharp answer back, no attempt to answer my question. We were served our mains first and when I asked where the starters where he said it all comes together and then the starters were brought. The locals on the table next to us had a very different service. They received starters and when finished had plate changes and then received their main. The waiter was laughing with them and spending time. The food was average and when I asked for a spicy sauce I was made to feel crazy for asking. Who heard of no spicy sauce in a Thai restaurant! When I informed the manager/owner of the poor service at the end when he came to the table to collect the money I was made to feel it was my fault by being told he could not do anything if I dont tell him earlier. (Not that he was anywhere to be seen during our dinner). A simple 'sorry' would have alleviated our concerns. If you are a tourist, dont go, you get a second rate client service. Food average so with bad service really not worth it.

1  Thank ghelani2016
Reviewed 19 April 2018 via mobile

I was on a quest to discover the best thai restaurant in Bruges and after doing about 13 different restaurants i ended up in this place.

We showed up in a very busy moment but never did we feel like we should quickly order and do our thing. On the contrairy! They made time for everyone, timed everything perfectly, talked to us about thailand and its magnificient foods. Showed us a picture album from there thai adventure. The lady cook of the house came to talk to us and ask what we felt about the food. (In a new place you would expect this but after 7 years..! Bravo!)
Even teached us on the spot how to make certain sidedishes and entrées.

After we had our main course they cleaned our table so we would have room for ourselves. I dont know in other countrys but for me this was a new experience, someone that toughtful!

We had a few chats with the man of the house and seeiing his passion makes it all the better!

Then came the dessert, if you have a big gap in your belly i would highly recommend this! 7€ and its a dessert for 2 with fresh fruits and sorbet icecream. Yummie for my tummie!

If in Bruges and you love thai food and reservate early enough! DO IT! You will not be dissapointed!

Reviewed 2 April 2018

The locally born but well travelled owner Patrick was engaging and gracious. He gave us a fantastic table in a small dining area right next to a beautiful Thai artwork - a Buddhist inspired fountain. One of the nice features of this restaurant is that it is comprised of several small dining areas so it is very intimate.
The food was fantastic - three of us shared one appetizer and three entrees and with the generous portions it was more than we could eat. It was all a great value too - with a bottle of nice wine and an after dinner drink, less than 100 Euro.
The waiters were highly professional - better than we experience at restaurants for 2 or 3 times the price. They were very attentive but not intrusive. They kept our table clean and switch silverware between each course. Our primary waiter made excellent recommendations both on spice level and wine.
Patrick and his wife (who does the cooking) have a wonderful restaurant and we hope to return again soon.
p.s. - ask Patrick about his cowboy boots and you will get a great story!

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

My wife and myself decided to try this place out after reading the reviews and we were really glad we did.

The staff (may have been the owner) were really help and tentative, even though we hadn't booked a table he was more than happy to seat us.

The food was very freshly made to order and very tasty. We would recommend this place if fancy a nice thai meal. This would be definitely be a place we would go back to.