All reviewscommon roombed dormbeer tastingnice kitchenbooked a private roomtrain stationcheap beerfull kitchenfree coffee and teano elevatorroof terracefree walking tourhot watera great staysmall barstayed here for two nightsexplore bruges
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

The Hostel Lybeer was a fantastic place to stay in Bruges with my wife and two young children (11 and 7 years old).

The facilities were excellent and the rooms clean. The location was ideal and very close to the centre. On checking in we were given a good amount of information on where to start exploring, eating and drinking. Which at 6pm with hungry children was very useful.

They were very accommodating of children with plenty of board games in the communal areas and free chocolate mini eggs (we stayed over Easter weekend).

Also, the bar was excellent with a daily happy hour.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank BartF131
Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

This hostel was a great little gem. It's very central, about a 10 minute walk to the main square.
The staff were friendly.
The private room we stayed in was big, and the bathroom was very clean.
The common kitchen facilities were clean.
The happy hour was a good starting point for a night out which cheap Belgium beers.
The only down side was the wifi was a little patchy.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sofia F
Reviewed 19 March 2018

My wife and I had a bad experience at this hostel. I dont recommend it cause the receptionists are not honest nor trustful. at the front desk we were informed that our one night extension request would charge 90% of the prior night. They didn't inform that by mail when we requested and due to the short notice, we didn't have choice. They took advantage of this moment. For a serious hostel, is not fair this action. I dont recommend.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SerranoCarlos
Reviewed 13 March 2018 via mobile

Stayed at lybeer for 2 days. The location of the hostel is good, close to important landmarks but still quaint. The beds and rooms were ok but the bathrooms could have been cleaner. Really liked the common area, good hangout place with free coffee and spending time in the common area was the best part of my stay.
I had mixed experience with staff. Reached early (few hours before check in time) and the lady at reception was really pleasant and hospitable. She offered to keep my bag in the luggage room till the time the bed was ready. A little bit more talking and she told me that she did not work there but was filling-in for someone else. Despite this, she tried to help me the best way she could.

Since the bed was not ready, I decided to explore Bruges and come back in the evening. When I returned, the guy at the reception was walking around and talking on the phone, so I waited for 5 minutes. He continued talking for next 10 minutes even though he could see I was waiting for him. Ultimately I had to gesture at to show my frustration after 15-20 minutes which he understood and disconnected the phone. And finally I was given key to the room. Experience with another staff at reception was curt as well. Overall an average experience staying at this hostel.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank warrioraks
Reviewed 26 February 2018

I really liked this hostel, community room, free coffee, different peeps! I booked a private room with shower and toilet which were spotless. Put any plastic card in the cardholder and there is light. I booked via Agoda but when I paid the reception it was a couple of euro's more, no biggie but strange.

Room Tip: I was in room nr 8