“Great waffles but watch out for the customer service.”
Review of House of Waffles

House of Waffles
Ranked #4 of 28 Coffee & Tea in Bruges
Price range: USD 3 - USD 17
Description: The House of Waffles is specialized in making and serving the best waffles of Belgium. You can taste some of the Belgian's finest classical waffles with banana's, strawberry's, chocolate, berry's, ... but you will also be able to discover some homemade recipes such as waffles with smoked salmon, BLT, guacamole... All is served with love, fresh ingredients and a passion for waffles.
Reviewed 11 November 2018 via mobile

Waffles were an absolute joy and the first stop on a day trip to Bruges.
Wish I could say the same about the service. Was made to feel foolish because I hadn’t done my homework and knew there were two base types to choose from. The waitress ripped into me over this.
I also asked for one waffle to be shared between two small children and was greeted with a reluctant “we don’t do that, but could bring you an extra plate”.
And thirdly received a roll of the eyes when communicating, is it so difficult, to deal with a party of 4 where French and English are interchangeably used. We established in our opening exchange we would communicate in English, however didn’t need the follow on, “which language do you actually want me to use?”
Come on guys, if you are going to charge a premium for the waffles make sure it is reflected and justified in the whole customer experience.

Date of visit: November 2018
dirk b, Manager at House of Waffles, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2018

Dear Colinblythe,

Thanks for your kind visit and appreciation of our waffles.
I am so sorry if you did not feel happy with some interaction with the waitress.
Usually they are always sweet as the waffles and fully cooperating with our customers
to make your experience in the House of Waffles as good as possible.
Something went wrong apparently that moment, a nervous moment or something else , who will say.
Anyway we apologize sincerely for it.
We try to make our place a little heaven where every client should experience that moment of happiness
you undergo while having your favorite waffle.
Hope to see you soon again.
Kind regards

Reviewed 10 November 2018 via mobile

We came for a coffee and a waffle while we waffled. The coffee and the waffle were very tasty. The bill was rather large for two coffees and a waffle.

1  Thank foodie080889

Dear Foodie,

Thanks for your visit and kind appreciation of our waffles and coffee.
You should have told me about the bill.
We would like that all customers remember us with a smile and a sweet desire to come back.

Kind regards

Reviewed 7 November 2018 via mobile

It’s raining in Bruges today so what else is there to do but go from cafe to cafe sampling the wonderful fare. The Brussels waffles are great especially with the dark chocolate sauce, ice cream and fruit.

Reviewed 7 November 2018

I absolutely recommend this place. After reading reviews I had high expectations for this place and they exceeded my expectations. Very clean place, as soon as you walk in you can see them cooking the meals. I think what I had was the Italiano vero it was so delicious, everything on my dish was fresh, the taste was unique. I will definitely come back and try the dessert ones. I was too full to continue eating.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 7 November 2018 via mobile

I had a club waffle there just before I left Bruges. It was delicious. Served quickly because the staff were conscious I didn’t have long. The waffle was light & served with cream cheese, herbs, salad, baby tomatoes, perfectly crunchy bacon & a fried egg. What a perfect combination! Only sorry that it wasn’t open for an early breakfast or for supper.