“Great food, good services, book in advance!”
Review of Tom's Diner

Tom's Diner
Ranked #85 of 794 Restaurants in Bruges
Cuisines: International, Fusion
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 4 February 2015

We have visited this restaurant following a local's recommendation. We have called earlier in the day to book and the place was fully booked for the evening (Saturday) so we only managed to get a place at the bar. Tucked away in the back streets of Bruges, the restaurant was a little hard to find but it is definitely worth it! The service at the beginning appeared a little hostile as we were rushed to make a choice on food but we put it down to the waitress not being busy enough as it was quite early in the evening and none of the reserved tables were yet occupied. As the evening went on, the service improved. The wine choice was fantastic with a range of prices to suit any budget. Although the starter options were a little scarce, and the food quality and the presentation were really good. The fact you could see your food being made did make you appreciate the effort being put in. Overall we've spent there around 2.5 hours and the time flew by. The atmosphere was lovely with a variety of guests of all ages, from couples to families and dinner parties.

1  Thank elizaveta2012

Reviewed 30 January 2015

Off the beaten track in central Bruges, this place was a pleasant surprise. It was quite busy on a damp Wednesday evening, but we were happy with the service (friendly and at just the right pace), the food and the house red wine, served by the glass. The steak was really good, the scampi fine.

1  Thank Ida737
Reviewed 27 January 2015

Just noticed you can't simply select 'good' from the ratings, it's either 'average' or 'very good'... We've eaten here before but several years ago, I've rated them very good because the food was great but it was just so busy, we had a reservation for 9pm (Saturday), arrived at 8.55 and were offered two places at the bar to eat (sorry, not comfortable, not doing that when we've booked) so the girl found us a table by 9.30 and we eventually ate about 10.15... The three staff were run off their feet so can't really apportion any blame there as they clearly worked really hard, but they either need more staff or to take fewer bookings. But the meatloaf was still fantastic so we will be back but on a quieter weekday night.

Reviewed 23 January 2015

lovely atmosphere with guests of different ages. Not touristy. I had the belgian meatloaf and it was delicious, my wife enjoyed an excellent king prawn pasta dish with a great tasting sauce

1  Thank robainsdale
Reviewed 22 January 2015

Last night we had the best dinner during our trip through Belgium. The warm welcome, the premium aperitif and the cosy atmosphere were the perfect beginning of a lovely evening.
My wife had a tartare of Sea Bass wich was very tasty and served on the perfect temperature. Myself took the porc cheek in a jummy sauce. (I saw another review where someone told that the porc cheeks were not cooked very well... I am a chef myself and I have to say that they were perfect. It is even not possible to make it medium or rare with this kind of meat. It has to cook for a long time, otherwise its not possible to eat because it would be too chewy. This quality piece of meat is still pink when it is cooked perfect, even of it is cooked for hours ).
My wife had a very nice and fresh cod with a local cheese wich was a surprising combination. I had a perfect chicken roulade wich I have to congratulate the chef with.
This place is a very nice, resonable priced place where quality is the most important. We can recomend this place to everyone who like to have a nice food experience.

2  Thank RamakRob