All reviews railway station tram stop city centre top floor reception closes can buy tram tickets room was clean citadel park hotel door breakfast is served scrambled eggs and bacon convenient location gent st minute walk fresh pastries single room pleasant stay
Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

I booked a single room. I was not surprised or upset by the size of the room. It was fine. The bathroom was like a tardis.
The room was clean and well presented. Everything you’d expect. I was hopeful of a good nights sleep.
The reception staff were friendly and helpful. They spoke English well.
So why no 5 stars?
I slept about 5 hours. Why?
In spite of it being September, it’s mild, even warm - although not at night. There’s no AC or fan - I know, my fault for not checking but I wasn’t expecting a room hotter than the surface of the sun. Add to this the extra guest. No not pests or anything like that. A mosquito- tempted in by the tropical heat, he came in and feasted on me. Granted the mozzie wasn’t the hotels fault but I had to open the window (didn’t cool things down) thus inviting him in. 20 very itchy lumps for my pains.
Anyway. Recommended from October to April.
I don’t know if the double rooms have this issue

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
Chantal V, Manager at Best Western Hotel Chamade, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2018

Dear

Thank you for taking the time to write this down. You help us a lot by telling you what you liked and disliked.
Unfortunately not every room has airconditioning. We're trying to change this as soon as possible.
We're very sorry to hear about the heat and the mosquitos.
Too bad we didn't know about your discomfort, we have extra vans and things to keep the mosquitos available at the reception.
We always do our ultimate best for our guests so if we had known this we would definetely have offered you a solution.
We hope to welcome you again in the future.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 28 August 2018

We stayed in this hotel on Saturday 25th August as we were travelling from Brussels late evening and wanted a hotel near to the station. Although not the most modern of hotels, it was lovely and comfy with an amazing shower!!! There is a number 1 tram stop right outside which takes you right in to the centre, you can also buy tram tickets at the tram stop (€3 for a ticket, make sure you have coins). The staff were very friendly and helpful, they gave us a free map of the city centre and also were happy to store our luggage for us in a room behind the counter, so we felt our luggage was safe. I suggest this hotel to anybody.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank hollierharwood
Reviewed 22 August 2018 via mobile

Quite a large room with ample space to access gear from your suitcases. Room has bar fridge, tea/coffee making facilities and a (rather noisy) air con. Large bath room /toilet with shower over the bath. Only one spare power point in room to connect mobile charges. Lift available between floors (watch for the small drop from when the lift stops and the doors open!)
Reliable high speed WiFi. Good breakfast available. Secure parking for bicycles in under ground car park. Very pleasant and helpful staff. A 25 minutes walk into the old section of town or catch a tram from directly outside the hotel.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 July 2018

Well-situated between the St Pieters railway station and the Citadel Park and a tram stop 20 m from the hotel entrance, this place is a good choice. You can walk to the city centre (20-25 min) or take the direct tram line (10 min). The single rooms are quite small, but the general standard is good. Some drawbacks: the underground parking space is too small for six cars, especially if you have an SUV or station wagon. The TV system in the room is a bit complicated and the manual in the room lacks detail. Staff are friendly.

Room tip: Request a room in the side street.
Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank WilliamErwin
Reviewed 2 July 2018 via mobile

Great location just blocks from the train station. Ghent is a good home base to visit nearby cities in Belgium. The hotel staff was very helpful in recommending sites and restaurants in Ghent.

The hotel was clean and offered more than average facilities and conveniences. A very well stocked breakfast is included.

Date of stay: May 2018