1,376 results
All reviews great location rooms are small comfortable bed free wifi car park train station christmas market central location the main square breakfast buffet is city break hotel bar wonderful city within easy walking distance bars and restaurants centre of town on foot
Reviewed 7 February 2019

As soon as we arrived at the check in, we were greeted by a pleasant, friendly receptionist, which is always a good start.
The room was spacious, perfectly clean and a really good bed. The only thing I miss in hotels in Belgium is lack of tea/coffee making facilities in the rooms, but I do know that really isn't often done here.
Perfectly situated for town, and as we had an evening whisky tasking planned at the Glengarry, it was literally just a few steps away.
I would certainly stay here again.

Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 January 2019 via mobile

Check in was straightforward, we’d paid in advance and our rooms were close together, my room was clean and whilst a bit basic, was good. Staff were friendly, bar and breakfast adequate. But the best quality of this hotel is the location and for the price I think it was exceptional. If I go back to Ghent I won’t consider another hotel.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 January 2019 via mobile

I was extremely unhappy to return from my meeting to find the "do not disturb" sign I had hung on my door to avoid having anyone in my room while I was gone removed and hung on the inside of my door handle, and my room made up. When I say "do not disturb" I seriously mean I do not want anyone in my room.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 13 January 2019 via mobile

We stayed during the Christmas market and this hotel is right on top of it! Couldn’t beat the location. Room was clean, size of bathroom and bedroom as expected, for a good price. Couldn’t beat the view from the window either!

Date of stay: January 2019
VERONIQUE V, General Manager at Ibis Gent Centrum St-Baafs Kathedraal, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2019

Dear Guest,

thank you for your positive feedback. Our hotel is really in the middle of the x-mas market as well of the Ghent Festival. Please ask for a room with a view if you want a view on the St.Baafs Kathedraal

Reviewed 4 January 2019

We chose this hotel for its central location during our stay in Ghent and were delighted, close to all main attractions and very convenient.
We selected an executive room which has been refurbished. Very pleased with this, the room was spacious with plenty of room for luggage to be laid out. Bathroom also large with soap and shampoo provided in squeezy bottles. The room itself was equipped with all basic needs although absence of a kettle was a downside. Basic WiFi is provided free and adequate for emails and browsing. Fast speed internet can be made available at extra cost.
Breakfast the following morning had a very good selection of hot and cold food catering for most tastes. Special mention for the very cheerful lady who was in charge of the breakfast buffet and made an effort to interact with the guests.
Reception staff were also very friendly and helpful. A very comfortable stay.

Date of stay: December 2018