“Great meat, loved it..........”
Review of CHUMADIA

CHUMADIA
Ranked #51 of 4,048 Restaurants in Brussels
Price range: USD 14 - USD 50
Cuisines: Brazilian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 11 July 2017

I like my steak, and this was possibly one of the best steaks I've had. The place opened at 7.30, and I was there before that, as were 12 other people, I had no booking, but in future I will make a reservation, because I returned my last night in Brussels, a Monday night and at 7.35 pm I was told the place was fully booked.
This restaurant was a find, I would happily eat here every night for the steak. On my visit I sat out the back in a covered garden area, this place is on a residential street and going into the hall, the only difference being the big charcoal fire in front of you at chest height. Its a cash only restaurant, which is mentioned before I ordered.
Asked the main man who was serving me, if the steak on the bone, was very big, yes but he says no problem to me, (I'm a big man!!). It about a kilo bone and all, so I had no starter.
The amount of meat you get in terms of size is embarrassing, but it was awesome, tender, juicy and full of flavour. You get potatoes and gorgeous bearnaise sauce which i love in Belgium. I had a great time eating it, a couple came in next to me and were looking at my steak!!!!!! They ordered a starter and 2 big steaks, I was no longer embarrassed!!!!!
Another table had the fillet steak, i was going to get that when I returned, will have to wait 12 months to return!!!!!!
This place may have been a secret, but for quality, value and food, its a carnivore delight. Loved it. Service was good as it was up to you how long you wanted to eat your steak, no pressure, one sitting unless your a fast eater. Cant wait to go back next year..........
The staff are really nice, the main man is very pleasant, lovely man in a lovely restaurant........
Make a reservation...........

3  Thank Niall

Reviewed 19 February 2017

Living room restaurant, tucked away in a side street. Cash only! The core of the restaurant is the charcoal grill where they will prepare your cuts. The owner bring the selection of the day to your table so you can pick from different cuts. Amazing quality considering the price! It comes with simple side dishes and there are some interesting wines on the winelist to accompany your steaks. Simple, low key atmosphere, popular with local people.

Reviewed 22 November 2016

We went to eat there on Monday evening, I have reserved a table in advance. I read a lot of good comments about the place, especially about the low prices.
Indeed, the meat was good - I took a chachlik, it was tender and melting in your mouth, my partner took a plate of tchevaptchichi - normally it was on a starter menu, but he took it as a dish. Both portions were generous, but I lacked of a bigger salad on the side, they also served us cooked and grilled potato halves as a side dish. It was pretty rustic, but the prices were not that low - chachlik costs 17Eur, tchevaptchichi 12Eur as it's a side dish. I find it quite expensive.
To sum up - a place to go for a big size dish - 1 kg of meat, for the rest the prices are as per usual.

1  Thank skanestukas
Reviewed 16 August 2016

Was a little afraid when my friend took me there, not a big fan of grilled beef, but fortunately they have delicious lamb chops. Deli starters also worth the try. Good price, good wine, friendly owners. Best kept secret of St-Gillis.

2  Thank Emmanuel A
Reviewed 14 May 2016

Of course there are a lot of fancy places where you can have expensive meat with all the stuff. But the chumadia covers the essential : quality of the meat. It is totally affordable and the staff is very friendly. Of course it is not the new fancy and fashion restaurant in the area. But this is not why we go there.

2  Thank bbp_12