“Very good food”

Ranked #14 of 4,069 Restaurants in Brussels
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 6 July 2018 via mobile

I was invited by a friend to have a lunch in this restaurant, and since this is a fancy restaurant with a very good review I of course accepted the invitation.
We got an outside table on the shadow which was ok, but after 1 hour the sun was too hot and we asked if we can move to inside table which we got within 10 minutes.
Service was excellent. But the most important thing were the food which are top of the class. We took a 5 course menu and that was just enough for me for lunch. If there is another course to come I should not be able to eat it.
The bad thing is ... well actually there is none except that may be the price. But hey, you have to pay more for a better quality.

Reviewed 4 July 2018 via mobile

What a wonderful dinner! My husband and I immensely enjoyed the tasting menu with Chef Christophe Hardiquest, guest Chef Alexandre Couillon and a young, rising star Chef Dimitri Proost. The restaurant manager Benoît made us feel incredibly welcomed and at home at such a luxurious establishment. We are waiting to see the third Michelin star awarded to this two-star stunner!

1  Thank kris729
Reviewed 30 June 2018

We came for a celebration, being ready to pay 500 euro for a two persons' meal
We tried to order two different menus but Benoint, the manager give as a very strange and incredible explanation "if you'll order different menus we need to throw to trash half of each of you order"
All the explanation we received was very "technical" without any personal touch.
It a nice restaurant in the concept of open kitchen
But the nightmare starts when we received the fish plate: It was complete with bad taste and very salty, we couldn't eat it all.

The chef Christophe came very angry to our table and explain us that "he feels offense and we need to leave the restaurant"
We tried to explain that we came to enjoy the day and the meal but he said "I know better than you what you need to feel" Please leave without need to pay.
He ruined our day and our anniversary.
This is the kind of man that should not be allowed to serve people att all and of course not to give him 2 stars Michelin.

7  Thank Silviu1963
Reviewed 8 June 2018 via mobile

Last year I gave this restaurant a glowing review, I wrote amongst other things that the meal there was one of the best that I have ever had.
I am afraid that Bon Bon seems now to be the victim of its own success.

Starting with the most important thing, the food, there was only one outstanding dish in the menu of five courses and that was the Asperges à ma flamande. The dessert was also good, but the main course took 25 minutes to arrive, the magret d’agneau, and then it was totally underwhelming. It’s taste actually reminded me of a dish that you get served in my country of origin in canteens and cheaper restaurants.

The service was also less attentive, though two of the persons serving us did a good job, but we had to ask them to bring the bread, and good thing that we did because the bread was delicious. It surprised us to see the waiters sipping wine at a counter, something we have never seen at a restaurant of this category.
The sommelier knew his stuff but was not open to a conversation or questions regarding the wines and just rushed off to the next table to give a similar brief introduction to the wines. We had an impression of a certain lack of coordination and management.
A pity!

2  Thank Linda C
Reviewed 3 April 2018

Perfect, it is that simple from you enter till you leave. Very attentive and friendly staff, which gives the restaurant a nice and relaxing atmosphere. It is in a lovely villa on the Ave Tervueren with easy access and valet parking. The food was stunning and beautifully presented, which one would expect from a two star Michelin. A great experience to be recommended.