1,987 results
All reviews place jourdan maison antoine hermes toiletries steam room business hotel excellent hotel eu institutions city centre hotel is located minute walk restaurants and bars comfortable rooms rain shower excellent stay star hotel an upgrade business trip
Reviewed 25 November 2016

This was my 2nd stay at this hotel. First was only one night last year but the great room and bed stayed with me. So this time we had 2 nights in this hotel and it really came through. The staff is polite and friendly, the breakfast is really great - well maybe not the coffee but that is truly a personal thing.
The room was really clean and the bed was truly great. There are quite a few restaurants just by the hotel and this fantastic french fries place in the middle of the square ( not to be missed - Maison Antoine ). Buy the fries there and take them to one of the pubs across the street and have a lcoal beer.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
ClementAupin, Responsable réception at Sofitel Brussels Europe, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2016

Dear guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience of Sofitel Brussels Europe.

We are delighted to read you have enjoyed our hotel as well as its location. Your observation is important to us and has been shared to the entire team.

Reviewed 21 November 2016 via mobile

Visited for the birthday weekend with our 2 year old son. From the beginning to an end the stay was absolutely superb. Room was beautiful with extremely comfy bed and huge bathroom. Breakfast was just amazing with so much choices. Staff was extremely courteous and polite. Upgraded our room, provided us free cot bed, left us teddy in his cot, provided us warm milk few times, opened in house chocolate shop for us on Sunday when it was suppose to be closed and even allowed us to checkout few hours late because little one wasn't feeling very well. I have done fair share of travel and common, never come across with service like this. Very well located hotel, 5 minute walking distance from EU Parliament. If you are going with animal lover children than I would strongly recommend to visit Dinosaur museum which is around 200 yard from the hotel.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
ClementAupin, Responsable réception at Sofitel Brussels Europe, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2016

Dear host,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor in regards to your recent stay at Sofitel Brussels Europe.

We are happy to see that you have spent a nice stay with us. Your encouraging comments are a great motivation and give us even more enthusiasm on maintaining our efforts to offer high quality service to our guests.

Reviewed 18 November 2016

The hotel is fine. Rooms are clean, spacious and fairly comfortable. Bathroom amenities are Hermes, standard for Sofitel and is a nice touch. Staff are polite, intelligent and mostly responsive. The location is useful if you're doing business in the European Quarter or want to eat some fries from Maison Antoine.

However the stay was not without its flaws. Toiletries were rarely fully replenished and I had to call for them every single day. The bar was usually not open on time and I had to chase staff members to open it a full hour after its published opening time so I could have a cup of coffee. It was also frequently dirty, with food from diners the night before being crunched under my feet while I sat down. The gym has a few treadmills but a limited range of weights - so you can't go too far beyond cardio. All of this is ok - not a deal breaker.

But my main annoyance was the following:

I travel very frequently and stay in a lot of hotels. As a result I've had the good fortunate to hit top status on a number of different hotel chain loyalty schemes. Having had a number of poor experiences at Accor Hotels, I decided not to renew my Platinum status with LeClub Accor and to avoid all of their brands apart from Sofitel.

As a result, my status dropped to gold before this stay - which still entitled me to late checkout, depending on availability. I'm pretty used to having this request denied but I guess I don't like feeling like I'm being lied to, especially straight to my face, by reception staff. In this case, I was told the hotel would be at full occupancy on a Sunday and a late checkout would not be granted. I found this unlikely and questioned it - "yes, we're totally full, I promise" said the staff member at reception. After some haggling, a 2pm checkout was promised. Not 4pm but better than nothing.

But in this age of booking rooms by mobile app, I figured why not see if rooms are still being sold - lo and behold, 44 different room types available to book for that Sunday night. "Full occupancy" indeed.

I realise that when a perk says "based on availability", it leaves it to the hotel's generosity to decide if they want to offer the perk. In this case, the hotel was both not generous and dishonest - which is why I'm sticking with programmes that guarantee 4pm late checkout. Like Starwood.

Overall, I'd still recommend this hotel but only as a value option. If you can get it at <150€ a night like I did then it's worthwhile. If it's much higher then you'd be wise to look elsewhere - especially if you have status and don't like being lied to.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank alexlobov
ClementAupin, Responsable réception at Sofitel Brussels Europe, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2016

Dear Mr. Lobov,

We would like to thank you for your time and your comments related to your recent stay at Sofitel Brussels Europe.

Your observation is important to us and has been shared to the entire team.

We do treat all our Loyalty members with a particular care. I can see from your booking you had reserved one of our Classic room and you have stayed in a Luxury room overlooking the Leopold Park, hence you have received a double upgrade. Our normal check in time is at 3 PM and check out time at 12 noon. The reception team has given you the room at 12.40 PM and you have been granted a late check out at 1.40 PM. Unfortunately we could not give a later check out time due to the occupancy of the hotel on that day. I am rather astonished to read there were still 44 rooms to sell on that day as our occupancy was over 98 %. It is also important to note that we are always happy to give late check outs whenever it is possible.

We remain at your entire disposal for any kind of information that you may need and we hope your next visit will be more than excellent and truly unforgettable.

Yours Sincerely,

Reviewed 15 November 2016 via mobile

A true 5* hotel, very clean, beautiful interior space, Hermes Paris hair and body products, an amazing bed with more than relaxing pillows, very good service, quality breakfast, rich bar. One very good hotel... I totally recommend it.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
ClementAupin, Responsable réception at Sofitel Brussels Europe, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2016

Dear host,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your recent experience of Sofitel Brussels Europe on tripadvisor.

We are delighted to read you have enjoyed your stay with us and that you have appreciated our different kind of service. Your observation are very important to us and have been shared to the entire team.

Reviewed 7 November 2016 via mobile

Really nice. Good facilities and staff. Portable phone charger at bar is a good hidden feature. The staff are great. The location is also an attractive feature of this hotel, which I would recommend certainly.

Stayed: November 2016
ClementAupin, Responsable réception at Sofitel Brussels Europe, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2016

Dear host,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your comments on Tripadvisor.

I am delighted to read you had a "great" stay with us.

Your comments are important to us and have been shared with the entire team with the sole purpose to improve our overall quality of service.