“Pleasant evening”

Ranked #917 of 4,096 Restaurants in Brussels
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 27 June 2017

We were tired and hungry, and needed good, well prepared, well thought food and good wine. No tourist spots, no chips, no burgers. Harder to find than one would think at 8 pm on a Monday. The well dressed regulars should have tired me off, but I was tired. passed by once then came back. Tasty meal, light and perfect. Thanks.

Date of visit: June 2017

Reviewed 23 February 2017

Overall disappointing. The service was good. The atmosphere was cozy on a wet and windy night. My wife's meal – the vegetable lasagne starter – was actually quite good, but that is all the good I can say. The bread was dry and obviously past its prime. My pasta with chicken was bland and tasteless. Given the choices in the neighborhood I expect you would do better to give this one a pass.

Date of visit: February 2017
Reviewed 20 March 2016

Not much to look at from the outside and not very busy (especially considering the area, which is just off Sablon) but really delicious, well presented food from quite an eclectic menu. For a starter I had two cheese croquettes with ham, cooked chicory and a nice salad (€13) followed by guinea fowl in a delicious ginger, slightly oriental style, sauce with rice and a tasty mix of vegetables (fine beans, carrots and onion) (€18). Each course was very substantial and delicious. Very nice brown bread, with two glasses of decent house red the bill came to €39.40. Really friendly and very pleasant service. Only slight downside was the laminated menu (also in English). Highly recommended.

Date of visit: March 2016
Reviewed 5 March 2016

Visited for lunch so I only got a salad but it was very good.
Service friendly and just right. The value is very good si I can only reccomend them and the location is good too

Date of visit: March 2016
Reviewed 5 December 2015

Three of us had lunch here on the day of all the security alerts in Brussels and it was so nice to escape to a different and kinder world. The food was well prepared and well presented and just what we needed on a cold wet day. It's not a fancy place but it's pleasant and relaxing. The service was polite and attentive but low key which suited us. We had saddle of hare and pheasant as main courses and both were cooked perfectly. Definitely worth a try for lunch if you need time to relax after shopping in Grand Sablon.

Date of visit: November 2015