“BEWARE ! Bar in decay,... Overprised !”
Review of Le Cercueil

Le Cercueil
Ranked #306 of 3,926 Restaurants in Brussels
Cuisines: Bar
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 28 April 2018 via mobile

Sorry but 10 euro for a beer in a scull... Way overprised ! And an interiour that has not been maintained or updated in the last 25 years,... Sorry not recomendable. It is a pitty, so much possibilities here, but no, it is not worth sitting down. Take a look inside,... Then run for your life... Or your wallet will be DEAD. :\

Reviewed 28 April 2018

If you're a metal head and you like skulls and scary stuff this is the place to be. The tables are coffins with glass on them and you can get beers in skull mugs. It's small, but fun.

1  Thank ThomasMeuleman
Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Great little alt. bar just off Grand Place. Fans of Laini Taylor will be right at home here. Coffins for tables, lights low, rock music. The owner greets everyone on arrival and, when I was clumsy enough to spill my beer, graciously replaced it on the house. Cocktails, beer, atmosphere. Would recommend to anyone who fancies a bit of grunge of the beaten track.

1  Thank Megan M
Reviewed 13 March 2018 via mobile

Enjoyed the tacky goth/rock decor and coffin tables. Probably not for everyone but we loved the music and felt at home in the laid back, anything goes atmosphere.

Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

Le Cercueil ( The Coffin ) is a superb rock bar located just off Grand Place ( Grote Markt ) and is a unique and cool bar that on any holiday I take to this vibrant city I always make a point of visiting.
This is a superb spooky,macabre looking bar,an extremely dark interior but once your eyes adjust you take in the unique decor including glass topped coffins complete with skeletons,coffins hanging from the ceiling,grotesque paintings adorning the walls and all manner of horror related items placed all around the bar including skull glasses for your beers,it's a cool place and a bar I always enjoy dropping into.
My twin brother Stephen and I were here on a Wednesday night and this bar was packed,after a quick study of the beers on offer my twin brother Stephen and I decided to have Leffe Bruin for him and for me I opted to have my favourite beer namely Duvel beer,these were served in tip top condition and we just chilled out and took in the great bar we were in.
I love the atmosphere in here,the great rock music played here is superb,it adds to the excitement of the bar.
My beer was outstandingly good,Duvel beer is a beer style I really enjoy,it's a strong beer weighing in at 8.5% and is certainly a beer to savour and never rush but being in such a wonderful bar enjoying such quality beers why would you want to rush anything.
We both really enjoyed our beers in here before we moved on and as on every other visit to here we had a great time.
Le Cercueil is really easy to locate,just off the magnificent Grand Place ( Grote Markt ) you walk down Rue Des Harengs were you will find this bar in an area teeming with pubs, bars and restaurants and some amazing architecture and a major tourist destination.
Opening hours are;
Monday to Friday,4pm till 2am.
Saturday,1pm till 4am.
Sunday,1pm till 1am.
A great bar and one I highly recommend you visit if your in the area.

1  Thank Neil K