“Unpretentious”

Cuisines: Belgian, French
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 26 September 2017 via mobile

Small place with a rather small "mama" servicing and I assume papa in the kitchen. He is the weak spot. My linguini with crunchy veggies had rather soggy, overcooked veggies instead. Other dishes were OK but nothing special. Wine average. So, even with the nice service I would advise to look around a bit. Average isnot the standard in Brussels.

Reviewed 23 September 2017 via mobile

We searched for a place to eat away from gran place.
It's located about 3 minutes from grand place.
Small nice place. We ser outside.
Ordered beers and meat loaves with mashed potatoes. The food was very tasty. Both my wife and I liked it very much.

The owners - woman is cold in a way. Strict. The man is friendly, funny guy.

Overall price is a bit high compared to the location.

Reviewed 4 September 2017

Few steps away fron the crowdy places, this café/restaurant offers a nice variety of beers and local dishes. Reasonable prices, nice terrace.

Reviewed 20 July 2017 via mobile

Well cooked and presented Belgian food. Meat is very good (the owner was a butcher). We took ribs and tartare...both were of great quality! Desserts are also very tasty

Reviewed 14 July 2017

I have been a couple of times there in various occasions. The location has the advantage of being close to Gran Place and still out of the Tourist area. Personally, I don't find the decorations and the atmosphere noticeable in anyway. Pretty average. The service is generally bad. The owner is cheeky, borderline arrogant and if you make the mistake of complaining about the food be prepare to swallow a lot of abuse. On this respect, really unacceptable. I agree with other visitors that the mussels are excellent, this being the only reason why I don't rate this place terrible. The rest of the food tasted average at most for my boyfriend, my friends and myself. With one exception. The burger. 20 euros burger and the worst we have ever tasted. Disgusting. Stay away from it.