“very nice”
Review of BIG MAMA

BIG MAMA
Reserve with
BIG MAMA is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #643 of 4,047 Restaurants in Brussels
Cuisines: Belgian, French
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 4 September 2017

Few steps away fron the crowdy places, this café/restaurant offers a nice variety of beers and local dishes. Reasonable prices, nice terrace.

Reviewed 20 July 2017 via mobile

Well cooked and presented Belgian food. Meat is very good (the owner was a butcher). We took ribs and tartare...both were of great quality! Desserts are also very tasty

Reviewed 14 July 2017

I have been a couple of times there in various occasions. The location has the advantage of being close to Gran Place and still out of the Tourist area. Personally, I don't find the decorations and the atmosphere noticeable in anyway. Pretty average. The service is generally bad. The owner is cheeky, borderline arrogant and if you make the mistake of complaining about the food be prepare to swallow a lot of abuse. On this respect, really unacceptable. I agree with other visitors that the mussels are excellent, this being the only reason why I don't rate this place terrible. The rest of the food tasted average at most for my boyfriend, my friends and myself. With one exception. The burger. 20 euros burger and the worst we have ever tasted. Disgusting. Stay away from it.

Reviewed 3 January 2017

The guy was as warm and friendly as the waitress was cold and abrupt. Food was average (linguine, pulled meat), mussels were excellent.

Reviewed 24 November 2016

It was Saturday evening and we passed out of this small restaurant. We asked for a table for 4 and the owner was happy to serve us immediately. After our walk at Grand Place where we saw a lot of touristic bistros we returned to BIG MAMA and had delicious mussels served with happiness and warmness. No noise and nice conversations with the owner . We enjoyed it!!!