“Its not just the name that puts a smile on your face: fabulous food made with love...”
Review of Ili Pili

Ili Pili
Ranked #10 of 240 Restaurants in Mechelen
Reviewed 12 July 2017 via mobile

When I read the name Ili Pily the sun started shining and I was immediately triggered...the reviews were very good.
I made reservations through email and got a response shortly after...all good. On arrival at Ily Pily last saturday I could feel this was a place created and kept with love.
The weather was very good so we could sit outside. Which is an intimate alley, the entrance to the B&B and restaurant. And not in view from the street due to a beautiful olive tree.

Because owner chef Claudine cooks everything herself and owner and husband Dany takes orders and serves all the food and wine, you might sometimes have to wait for a while. But with good company, wine, good weather and chatting a bit with other guests thats not a problem at all. It's all part of the Dolce Vita experience I had.

We ordered the tapas Ili Pili de luxe, with king crab...what can I say. I want to have it again:-). the tapas consisted of little versions of dishes that are on the menu. Which made it special was all the care putting the flavours together, in making it with love and the freshness of the ingredients.

Combined with the amazing wine we had it was a wonderful evening! It was also very good to speak with Dany and Claudine. To feel their passion about their place. When in Mechelen..we'll be back!

Ps. Please do make a reservations because with 10 seats and such good food they are fully booked most of the time, especially in the weekends. What I dont understand, and what we experienced, is people not showing up at all while making reservations. Do realize these lovely people have limited in their restaurant. If you dont cancel in time or just dont show up...it's most of the time to late to have someone else take your seat. Its soooo rude, so be kind!

Reviewed 14 June 2017

This little hide away restaurant is a true feast for your taste buds! Surprising combinations and subtle tastes! Wow, I start drewling already just thinking about it! Make sure to make a reservation!

Reviewed 14 May 2017 via mobile

A cozy and intimate space where you are spoiled by your hosts, both through the personal yet professional service and the creatively presented, wonderfully tasty, fresh delights from the kitchen. We'll be back again soon!

Reviewed 23 March 2017 via mobile

Very cosy restaurant, run by a very nice couple. The seafood is fantastic. Might be the best restaurant in Mechelen. I will definitely visit this restaurant again

Reviewed 13 October 2016

I love the interiour and the cozyness of this small and friendly restaurant. The owners are both cooking and serving and the food is very, very nice.

This was my second visit to Ili Pili and I will come back again... for the food, the wine and the friendly atomsphere

Claudine D, Eigenaar at Ili Pili, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2016

Thanks!