1,192 results
All reviewsrooms are smallweekend marketsaturday and sundayold towngreat budget hotelwalking distancecentral stationmain shoppingroom facinghotel is modernminute walkshopping streetexcellent locationfree wificomfortable bedbars and restaurantscity centre
Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

We stayed here as we'd made a mistake on our original hotel booking and were very pleasantly surprised by how great this hotel is. Breakfast included delicious squeeze your own orange juice fresh fruits, tasty breads and pastries and make your own waffle, rooms were plain but comfortable and staff was incredibly kind we'd definitely stay here again

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 March 2018 via mobile

Living in France, we are used to the Ibis brand, and have always been pleases.
This Ibis beats them all. Great location ( next to the central station), good clean rooms, good acoustic insulation, and a great breakfast.I 100% recommend this hotel.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 March 2018

My son had booked and paid for a room from the 2nd to 4th March. Unfortunately due to the weather in the UK, he missed the first night. He turned up on the second day only to be told they had rebooked his room and they had no rooms left. He had to make other arrangements. They offered no refund or anything. Its been a week now since I have written to their head office with no response at all. Pretty disgraceful really. Wont be using them again.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Athos L
Reviewed 9 March 2018

Hotel location is very close to shopping street(2min by walk) and train station(10min by walk). Also It is 10 mins walk to main square. Staff was very helpfull. Room was a little bit small but no problem for 2-3 day visits.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Reviewed 27 February 2018

I usually stay at the Ibis budget hotel near central station, but it wasn't available for my dates this time so I decided to give this Ibis a go despite the rather higher price. What a mistake! I had actually stayed here once before and my memory was that the hotel was OK but the breakfast wasn't. This time I was unhappy with both.

Check-in was fine once I had struggled past the wall of smokers gathered outside, but the room was rather small - smaller than in the Ibis Budget I think. The bathroom was tiny. There were bath towels but no hand towel and the waste bin in the bathroom hadn't been emptied. It seemed very cold near the window and in the bedroom it was even worse because the closure fittings were a bit loose. I wasn't impressed by the degree of sound insulation.

The location was OK. It wasn't particularly close either to the historic centre or to the central station, but you might think it either an ideal compromise or the worst of both worlds. There's a market on the square, various bars and restaurants nearby and the main shopping street, Meir, isn't far. There isn't much other good news.

I hadn't booked breakfast and I declined the over-priced offer at the check-out, but I thought I would take a look and sign up if it seemed interesting. The first morning I surveyed the scene but found it most unappetising. I expected there to be a good selection of pastries, but it all looked quite meagre. The hot food was placed in lidded enamelled casserole dishes and it just didn't look hot. The scrambled eggs looked dry, the baked beans congealed and the sausages so pale that I can't guess how they were cooked. I therefore decided I would have to go out each morning to eat, something I would have preferred to avoid as the weather was so cold.

Just to round things off, on the morning I was leaving I received an account from them showing they were intending to charge me for the breakfasts. This was supposed to be part of their "fast check-out" process, but as I had pre-paid for the room and not taken breakfast I assumed I could just drop off my key and walk out. Their error meant that I had to go to the desk to sort it out. The guy I spoke to was unapologetic, intransigent and offensive. I asked to speak to a manager but that was refused on the grounds "they don't have a manager there on Sundays". Really? I count this as a failure of their "satisfaction guarantee". I guess it's just their way of saying please don't come back and please leave us a lousy review. I'm happy to oblige on both counts.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo