“A Must Visit”

Cuisines: Spanish, Dutch, Eastern European
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Kortenbos
Description: Café De oude mol is a lovely little place for drinks and food. The kitchen is opened Wednesday through Saturday and serves small tasty Mediterranean and middle eastern inspired dishes which you can order single or combine into a tasty meal. Everything home made with lots of love. The friendly staff serves simple but tasty wine. Or if you prefer beer, there is a good variety to choose from. Surrounded by the antique interior it becomes easy to relax, have a bite and enjoy your evening
Reviewed 16 February 2018 via mobile

What a really great little bar and restaurant, the lady owner is such a lovely welcoming lady, the place is quirky and full of life, locals so friendly it's a must visit (everyday in my case)

Reviewed 17 October 2016 via mobile

My partner and I walked by... she stopped me and asked to go back, as she said: the place looked local. Definitely worth it! One of the cutest bathrooms ever.

Michèle A, Manager at De oude mol, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2016

Thank you!

Reviewed 8 August 2016 via mobile

This is definitly one of the cutest cafés in Den Haag! Its hidden in a small street with a lot more nice restaurants an cafes. You can eat here from wednesday till saturday, the regular menu serves tapas and they have a weekly menu with middle eastern inspired dishes, very tasty! The vibe is great, there are a lot of regulars and sometimes they even have little concerts (yes it fits, very cosy, but it fits). In summer their terrace makes you feel as if you are in a mediteranian street, have to visit when you're in the neighbourhood!

1  Thank Fwigman
Reviewed 2 August 2016 via mobile

We found this bar quite by accident and what a find!! An incredibly eclectic and beautiful (magical?) interior and a lovely outside space to enjoy a summer's evening in The Hague. The owner is a very unique individual and draws a great crowd. One of our favourite bars ever. We are just sorry we didn't get the chance to eat there (apparently exquisite food). Highly recommended!!

1  Thank Carl100London
Reviewed 12 June 2016 via mobile

My partner found this place whilst looking for somewhere to have a beer whilst I (quickly ) got ready for our evening out.
He then took me along and I fell in love with it immediately. Such a beautiful quirky place, fresh flowers everywhere and lots of little decor touches which are a feast for the eyes - (ladies visit the loo, it's a fairytale experience.)
We visited this place several times, both busy and quiet and enjoyed every moment. The owner kindly gave me some of the flowers after I mentioned they were my mum's favourite - I have pressed one as a memento of this wonderful place. Small intimate and unique.
Please visit.