All reviewspeace palacenice hotelden haagtram stopworking deskbig bathroomspacious roomthe hotel offershotel parkingbuffet breakfastminute walkenjoyed my staystar hotelhampshireangeliquecityreceptionist
Reviewed 27 November 2017

I stayed at The Hampshire on 23-24 November, having stayed at Court Garden Hotel down the road earlier in the month. The two hotels are a few doors apart, but worlds apart in terms of comfort. The Hampshire was noisy on both nights: people walking the corridors, cleaners in the kitchen well past midnight, bad construction that let in noises from the rooms next door and above mine (walking, using the toilet, showering). I did not sleep on either night. I will not be staying at this hotel again.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Rob H, General Manager at Fletcher Stadshotel Den Haag, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2017

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay. Although is isn't a positive review, we are glad to have the opportunity to improve our hotel with your comments.
As a hotel, we already discussed your experience with our night team for the future, and if one of our guests are discomforted by other guests behavior, our team is always reachable for your assistance. We will do our utmost to make you feel at home away from home and hope to welcome you once again in the future.

Reviewed 30 October 2017

It has nice beds and bathtubs.
Breakfast is also well.
A liitle far from central station but you also could reach the sightseeing spot by bus or tram. Restaurants and convenient stores are also not so far.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Rob H, General Manager at Fletcher Stadshotel Den Haag, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2017

Dear Chen,

Thank you for your review about your stay with us in The Hague. We hope you enjoyed our city and are looking forward to welcome you once again in the future.

Reviewed 29 October 2017

The location of this hotel is the main selling point. Combined with affordable price - what else can you wish for? Well, one or two things might be improved to make it even better.

Location: 15min walk to center, on a busy, but somehow a quiet street. There are two tram lines nearby, one of which brings you to the railway station in 10min! The Peace Palace is near, so convenient. Scheveningen and its beautiful beach are another 15min tram ride away. Albert Hijn nearby, as well as some nice eateries

Room: My room was on 4th floor, overlooking the backside and the hotel parking. Nice and spacious room, with almost everything you can wish for - comfy bed, working desk (the WiFi was free and good), TV, large wardrobe, good bath. However no AC, which in a hot day can be really a problem. I happened to enjoy the last sunny September days with more than 20C and it got really hot inside. The windows do not open so at times I felt uncomfortable. No minibar (at least in the comfortable type of rooms), but kettle and tea nonetheless. A note - the walls are either thin or the dutch are really noisy, because I could hear my next door neighbors. Also, one of the days some people from one of the houses across the parking lot were throwing a party and I enjoyed their "singing and laughing" till past midnight.
Slightly worn-down walls and carpets, so the hotel can make use of a renovation.

Amenities: I did not try the buffet breakfast, which I believe can be ordered for 12.50eur pp/pday. The hotel offers bike hire, which was also reasonable, as well as limited parking. They have a computer downstairs. However no possibility to print, which can be a problem if you need something urgent and last minute. I think they have a meeting room, so they should invest in a printer for business clients.

Staff: The reception staff was polite and smiled all the time. They really try to make you feel welcome. Housekeeping might better their vacuum cleaning though.

Overall, a "gezellig" hotel. I am quite satisfied with my stay in the Hampshire - Meerdervoort 108 Den Haag. For the right price, I would not hesitate to use it again. Hopefully with less noise and a little sea breeze.

Room Tip: Higher floor
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Desislava Z

Dear Desislava,

We are always grateful when guests reflect their stay so extensively as you did. We always learn from experience and the different views of each and every guest.

You point out some points of improvement. They will be tackled for our future guests and we hope to have the change to welcome you once again. You are more than welcome.

Reviewed 25 October 2017 via mobile

This proved to be a great find for my stay in The Hague on business. Spacious and clean room, free WiFi and breakfast. Perfect for my needs.
The staff were really friendly and helpful.
I'll remember this place for next time I'm in The Hague

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business

Dear Jonathan,
And you are more than welcome to come and stay with us again.

We are delighted to read that you had a great stay.

Reviewed 18 October 2017

Fine hotel near the city, just a 15 min walk. The staff is very kind and assistent! Simple, but delicious breakfast; toast, scrambled egg, bacon, croissants, etc! We had a great stay and would definitely come back next time.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Rob H, General Manager at Fletcher Stadshotel Den Haag, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2017

Dear Kelly,

Thank you very much for your kind words, they mean a lot to us.

We hope to have the change to welcome you once again. You are more than welcome!