All reviews shopping arcade great location den haag separate toilet and bathroom central location paper cups stayed for nights tram stop hotel lobby underground parking business trip very nice hotel breakfast was excellent enjoyed my stay public transport passage binnenhof
Reviewed 31 July 2018

I spent one night on a weekend at the Novotel. And I found all the positive reviews about location, rooms and staff to be accurate. To say it upfront, I truly enjoyed my stay.

However, this hotel has some unique features, that may interfere with a travellers individual needs. The hotel is literally built into a shopping-arcade...the "Passage". So my room windows were not facing towards the outdoors but towards the glass-covered arcade. I did not mind. The A/C worked very well. But if you prefer sleeping with an open window having a breeze blowing through...that is not going to happen.

Another issue is noise. The shopping-arcade is closed over night. So during nighttime my room was wonderfully quiet. But at 10am I was reminded by Celine Dion, that "her heart will go on". At 10am the arcade openend an they started playing music. Later noisy crowds followed. So if for whatever reason you want peace an quiet during the day...this would not have been a good room for you.

Again...I had an excellent stay at the Novotel. But these two aspects I could not help but notice.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
novoteldenhaagcity, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Novotel Den Haag City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2018

Thank you very much for your detailed review.

Please note that we also have some rooms with windows facing towards the outdoors.

Great to read that you had an excellent stay in our hotel.

I will be happy to welcome you again.

Reviewed 30 July 2018

Would I stay here again" YES

The good:
Great location, close to everything, shopping, restaurants etc
Brilliant, friendly, helpful staff
excellent breakfast selection
Rooms are quiet and basic
Easy to take the stairs instead of the lift
Store at the lobby to buy things for your minibar.

The not so good:
Only paper cups to make coffee of a morning.
Steep step up into the shower / bath.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 June 2018

Great location, downton Den Haag; staff and rooms, elegant and confortable. The Star Wars gadgets in the Hall are amazing! You can have a short walk to reach any place in the City. I would suggest it to everybody.

Stayed: July 2017
novoteldenhaagcity, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Novotel Den Haag City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2018

Thank you very much! Great that you had a good time in Den Haag.

I see in your review that you stayed at Novotel Suites.

Awesome that you liked the Star Wars gadgets.

If you visit Den Haag again we hope to welcome you back in Novotel or in Novotel Suites!

Reviewed 26 May 2018

Stayed for 2 nights on a business trip. The location is excellent, just downtown with everything within reach. The room was well equipped with a desk, kettle to boil water and a mini fridge/cooler, which I thought was superb, as I often want to keep cold drinks in my room. Bed was comfy, good bathroom and the staff were extremely friendly and nice. Also, the hotel is environment friendly, which I also liked very much. Totally recommend.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
novoteldenhaagcity, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Novotel Den Haag City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2018

Thank you very much for your great review.

Your kind words about our team and hotel are heartwarming.

If you visit Den Haag again I will be very happy to welcome you back.

Reviewed 5 May 2018

Location is good. Staff are very helpful. But room and room service is bad. The toilet is at a separate room from the bathroom which is not very suitable for many cultures. No one helps carrying the luggage to rooms.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review.

Great that you liked the location and that you are happy with our staff.

I am sorry to read that the room and room service did not meet your expectations.

If you visit Den Haag again, we hope to welcome you back.