All reviews peace palace quiet area bit dated panorama mesdag den haag within walking distance home away from home city centre hotel is located comfortable hotel breakfast was delicious corner room old world night's sleep free wifi business trip rooms are nice
Reviewed 11 July 2015

It was a very pleasant stay. Perhaps the best stay in a city hotel I had in years. It escaped the hotels routines of lobby - standard room - standard guest treatment - standard etc.
Key points: beautiful old building, very sincerely polite employees, pleasant terrace, excellent kitchen, comfortable bed.

Room tip: Room on the back have a bit of noise during day time due to remodeling of next building
Date of stay: July 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Arwin_Paulides, General Manager at Carlton Ambassador Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2015

Dear Adolfo,
I am delighted to receive such glowing feedback on every aspect of your experience at Carlton Ambassador. It is a huge compliment to read it was perhaps your best stay in a city hotel in years and that you really felt comfortable with us. We would be thrilled to see you again at the Ambassador so please come back soon.
With best regards,

Reviewed 18 June 2015

Look, I know some people adore quaint old-world style hotels, with different coloured carpets on different floors, and themed etchings, but I'm not really one of them. If you do, the Carlton Ambassador is for you. Getting down to core issues: 1) internet is patchy, so make sure you get a room with good coverage. I had to move (always REALLY boring once you've unpacked). 2) once you've paid the relatively pricy cost of staying there, make sure you get full use of your breakfast voucher - and ask for a ham omelet! Gluten and lactose intolerants catered for 3) bed: generally comes as a double divan, so watch out that you don't fall through the crack. I only gave the joint 3 stars - why? When you're going for class, you need to deliver. I cannot speak highly enough of Tamara - a very jolly manager.

Room tip: Over the bar/restaurant if you want good wifi
Date of stay: June 2015
1  Thank 246timc
Arwin_Paulides, General Manager at Carlton Ambassador Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2015

Dear Tim,
Thank you for reviewing your recent experience at Carlton Ambassador, we appreciate all feedback! I am sorry the interior design was not your taste. We actually do have different room types, our "Signature" rooms could be more to your liking. Besides, by the end of this month our reception area will be a brand new inspiring zone and after that will we start renovating our restaurant. My sincere apologies for the problems you experienced with our free wifi, I can assure you that there is no difference in coverage throughout the building. It simply should work perfect everywhere, sorry again that in your first room it didn't on your device. Many thanks, also on behalf of Tamara, for your great compliments about her performance! Should you decide to return to Carlton Ambassador we will make sure every aspect of your stay is perfect! With kind regards, Arwin Paulides

Reviewed 15 June 2015

Stayed here for four nights, while attending a conference. Lovely hotel, good sized room, very comfortable bed, lovely bathroom, free wifi, great breakfasts, kitchen very happy to adjust lunch and dinner menu for a vegetarian, fantastic staff. Would definitely go back.

Date of stay: June 2015
2  Thank bettoneyvere
Arwin_Paulides, General Manager at Carlton Ambassador Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2015

Dear guest,
Thanks for your great review, we are so glad you love everything about Carlton Ambassador and hope you come back to see us again soon. We will make sure your next stay is even more enjoyable so do get in touch with us when you are planning another visit. Our Chef, Edward Kreuger, and his team are more than happy to surprise you again with delicious vegetarian dishes!
With warm regards,

Reviewed 29 May 2015

I really enjoy the Carlton Ambassador for my business trips to The Hague. The hotel is definitely old school with a design that I can only describe as baroque. The rooms are typically on the small side, but well appointed and comfortable, with vibrant colors, good tile work in the bathrooms, and lots of antique wood design touches. The breakfast buffet and WiFi connections are solid, well suited for a business traveler. Also, the restaurant is consistently good. I particularly enjoy the bar in the basement with a highly knowledgeable bartender who is more than willing to introduce the unsuspecting traveler to the local spirit, Jenever. The hotel is located near the Peace Palace and good for walking around the city.

Date of stay: May 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Arwin_Paulides, General Manager at Carlton Ambassador Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2015

Dear Jeffrey,
It is great to read that you always have such an enjoyable time at Carlton Ambassador during your business trips to The Hague. It is always a compliment to receive positive feedback so thank you for reviewing your experience at our hotel. Our Rubens bartender, Ewout, can't wait to introduce you to other local spirits....
With kindest regards,

Reviewed 26 May 2015

When I arrived, my room was (to my delight) upgraded to a residence. Room was large and clean (not to mention brand new) and the service was prompt and of high quality. Breakfast was also good, as was the food served in the restaurant throughout the day.

The location is quiet and yet close to the city center: Another plus.

A very good choise for a stay if you're visiting the Hague.

Date of stay: May 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled solo

Thanks for your great review Antti, we are so glad you love everything about Carlton Ambassador and hope you come back to see us again soon. Looking forward to your next visit to The Hague!
Best regards,