“Very nice dinner”

Restaurant Alexander
Reserve with
Restaurant Alexander is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #58 of 1,492 Restaurants in The Hague
Price range: USD 7 - USD 22
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Restaurant Alexander is one of the best restaurants in the center of the city. Our restaurant is located on the elegant Denneweg 138 in The Hague. Dining & Wining, Excellent Wine, BBQ, Grill, hospitality and friendliness in The Hague restaurant Alexander is the right place! The chef Alexander is familiar with the BBQ/Grill international cuisine, with Italian, French, Russian, Organic, Vegetarian and Fish Dishes and continues to explore new combinations. Alexander ensures that all dishes has his signature bear. Homemade pasta with wild mushrooms and truffle sauce, filet of beef Rossini,... A few reasons why our guests keep coming back... Alexander is a grill restaurant in The Hague for anyone who loves good food. In a friendly ambience, you can enjoy BBQ/Grill cuisine, fresh herbs, local vegetables and excellent service. Excellent price/quality and service ratio makes restaurant Alexander one of the best BBQ/Grill restaurants in The Hague
Reviewed 30 December 2016 via mobile

We visited for the first time but definitely not the last. All dishes we had were great and the ambience was very nice too.

AlexanderRDH, Guest Relations Manager at Restaurant Alexander, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2017

Dear Morten,

Thank you for your visit to our restaurant. We glad that you and everyone in your party enjoyed your experience here. You are always welcome.
Kind regards,
Alexander

Reviewed 14 December 2016 via mobile

I came her for post dinner drinks with a business associate and both of us were struck by the extraordinarily beautiful hand meat slicing machine. A work of art that actually made you order meat just to see it operating! Great wines. Great chorizo. Great service

1  Thank David M
AlexanderRDH, Public Relations Manager at Restaurant Alexander, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2017

Dear David,
Kind regards

Reviewed 25 October 2016

We asked our taxi driver to recommend a restaurant when we arrived late in Den Haag after a 4 hour flight delay. He made an excellent suggestion.
Despite the hour being just after 10pm, we were still warmly greeted and welcomed to Den Haag!
We began with a restoring glass of Cremant and the evening just got better from there.
We ate from the €25 and €35 menus.
Each dish was beautifully presented and the flavours were delicate - and even better than we expected from the menu descriptions. Seasonal vegetables and fruit featured on each plate and gave the whole a really clean and light feeling. So many different ingredients, which our host was happy to describe, despite the hour.
We finished with a complimentary glass of Limoncello while a taxi was arranged and left having felt we had had a real treat.

1  Thank ACCallow
AlexanderRDH, Public Relations Manager at Restaurant Alexander, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2016

Dear A C Callow,
Thank you for your visit to our restaurant. We' happy that you and everyone in your party enjoyed your experience here. You are always welcome.
Restaurant Alexander wishes you and yours a very Happy Holiday and a Happy New Year. We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed 24 September 2016 via mobile

I was in The Hague on business recently, and ate at Restaurant Alexander with colleagues one night. I enjoyed both the food and the ambiance so much that I went back on my own the next night to try some additional menu items.

The food was flavorful and well prepared (sea bass was delicate, gently cooked, and perfectly seasoned; oysters au gratin were also cooked with a light touch, with just enough cheese to give flavor and texture, but not so much as to swamp the flavor of the oyster, for example), and the presentations were beautiful.

I especially liked that you could get entrees in small or regular portions. The small plates were essentially a "half order", but were a perfect size if you wanted to have a starter, and then maybe still have room for dessert (although the second night I had a small order of lamb chops, and the three double chops, along with excellent roasted potatoes, were so filling that I didn't have room for dessert).

Alexander himself is attentive and was a pleasure to meet, and his staff was prompt, helpful and friendly (and spoke English, which was good because I don't speak Dutch).

The restaurant is small, with a causal elegance I would love to see in more restaurants where I live in the U.S. The two nights I was there were very warm and pleasant, and they had the large window overlooking the street open, so you could even enjoy the passing street scene without having to sit out on a sidewalk.

I enjoyed both of my visits to Restaurant Alexander, and I hope my travels take me back there again in the not-too-distant future.

2  Thank XB C
AlexanderRDH, Guest Relations Manager at Restaurant Alexander, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2016

Dear XB C,

Reviewed 17 August 2016

This was such a wonderful dining experience! The atmosphere was sophisticated but intimate. The food was superb, and we were amazed with the personal attention form the chef himself throughout the entire meal.

I would recommend this dining experience to everyone!

1  Thank Peter W