1,102 results
All reviews central station boiled eggs complimentary breakfast first floor few minutes walk tram stop free wifi cold meats restaurants and shops hotel is located shopping street short stay business trip clean hotel yogurt double bed reception staff
Reviewed 24 September 2018 via mobile

This hotel was a lovely base to explore Rotterdam. Not quite as central as others but me and my husband enjoy walking so this wasn’t an issue as everything was still within walking distance. Very close to train station.
We really enjoyed our stay here, the staff were very friendly and attentive.
We wasn’t to impressed with the breakfast, but it does seem to be traditionally Dutch, it would just be better if there was a little bit more choice. They also don’t seem to serve English tea at all, I took my own tea bags but, except at breakfast time, they wouldnt provide any milk even when asked for at the bar, so we went to a local shop every day to buy milk for some evening cups of tea after long days out. But apart from them minor grumbles we had a really lovely weekend here.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 September 2018 via mobile

This was a happy time for us! Finally got to Rotterdam, tired tired. The bed & bath were clean and chic. Bar in a frig downstairs- easy, but not where you’d hang for an evening....there’s ROTTERDAM!! Shops, restaurants and bars across the street in a pedestrian only street. Loved this stop!
Economical/ super for the price.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Thank Caroline and Ji... V
Reviewed 15 September 2018

The hotel was a great location for the train and walking distance for the main attraction.
The room was small but very clean, had a nice view too. They had a great breakfast, a lot of options!

Now we did get stuck in the elevator for 10 min, they got us out finally but we had to take the icon picutre.

The staff did an amazing thing for me! We had purchased the hotel for $150 a night from Hotels.com (will NEVER use them again). When we got there we asked for an extra night. They told us the night would be extra $70. I was shocked to find out Hotels.com charged me an extra 40% a night! The staff said they would bend the rules and print out the price of each night so I could dispute the claim to Hotels.com. I am so glad they helped me out, this got me the extra money they (Hotels.com) overcharge me.

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 September 2018 via mobile

We stayed 1N at the Holiday Inn Express Rotterdam en route our trip to Amsterdam Schipol airport. We arrived at 12noon. The reception was able to find our booking which was thru Agoda. We requested for early check-in. However, the room was not ready. We could either wait a while or come back at 3pm. We decided to wait a while. After 1hour of waiting and the room was still not ready. We were given the standard reply that they were having a full house and housekeeping were doing their best to clean up.

We decided to leave our luggage at the hotel and went out for lunch and to catch some sights of the city. Another staff kindly gave us a map and recommendations for places to eat. We were assured that the room would be ready for check-in after 3pm.

We returned at 7pm. By now, it was a different team at the reception. The staff who was checking us in could not locate my booking!! I was getting anxious. How could that be? It turned out she was confused by my name, mistaking my first name and last name. After that was sorted out, we were told that the family room we booked had been taken up and no longer available. Would we mind a standard room with an extra bed? Yes, I do mind thank you. We were asked questions like what was the name of the staff who told us earlier that the room had been reserved for us? I didnt get her name. What was the color of her hair? This was getting ridiculous. Can they check the room allocation again? Sorry we're having a full house and there's no other room available. I wanted to beat someone by now. I asked to speak to the manager. Her colleague came and they checked the system again. Ahh..we happen to have a family room available. Sure it must have appeared like magic.

The room was clean and new. Bathroom was fitted with a removable shower head. Toiletries were limited but that was not a big problem.

Breakfast was simple but more than adequate. Most guests seems to be business travellers and quite a number of Asians guests too.

Checkout was a breeze and we were served by the staff who gave us the map and recommended us places to eat. She was a gem. I didnt catch her name but she had black hair. We were told that the hotel engages interns from the hospitality school and we could have been served by a new intern. I looks like training and supervision is needed and I hope this feedback would be helpful.

We booked this hotel bec we had thought it was just next to Centraal Station. However, it turned out to be more than a stone's throw away. It's located at Weena St. Be prepared to walk a distance and cross two small roads.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Rotterdam - Central Station, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2018

Hi zhuzhusnowcup!

We normally cannot wait for our guests to jump in and get cozy in our clean and new rooms. I'm sorry about the inconveniences you experienced at check in. Yes, your feedback is helpful for us, and we'll use this in our ongoing training for all our hotel staff. The Front Office Manager is also on top of this matter.

I do appreciate your kind words for our check out staff, breakfast selections, and rooms. I hope these are enough for you to try us again, so we can make it up to you. Thanks for choosing us and sharing your experience! 'Til your next stay!

Safe travels,

Gian M
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 31 August 2018 via mobile

Not the best place I have stayed in but good value for money. The breakfast is very good. Good location for accessing food and trams. Downside: no safe in room, no products apart from soap dispenser in shower and by sink, had to ask for tea bags. You can ask for these things however if you need them. One last point: it is advertised as at central station but is about 7-8 minutes walk up Weena street.

Date of stay: August 2018