“Absolutely great!”

Ranked #158 of 324 Restaurants in Leiden
Price range: USD 8 - USD 34
Cuisines: Chinese, Indian
Dining options: Private Dining
Description: Oldest Chinese restaurant of Leiden located in the beautiful and diverse Pieterskerkwijk. The restaurant is based in close proximity of famous attratctions such as the shopping district, the Pieterskerk Church, the Botanical gardens, The Burcht Leiden Castle, the National Museum of Antiquities and right across the former home of the Pilgrim Fathers. You're welcome to grab a quick bite or a meal.
Reviewed 12 June 2018 via mobile

Me and my father eat here a couple times a year. I would very much recommend this chinese restaurant over others in Leiden, because the quality of the service and food are simply better! I personally love the: tipan Kuan Bo Yuk Ab. Which is a very nice duckmeat dish with vegetables!

Date of visit: June 2018
1  Thank Sjoerd K

Reviewed 2 September 2017

Before taking my wife to see some pictures, we wanted to eat somewhere properly. We ended up eating at Restaurant Hong Kong after strolling down the Pieterkerk-Choorsteeg, an historic alley in Leiden famous for having accommodated the Founding Fathers when they passed through Leiden. The restaurant is very service-oriented, and the menu card is rich of local Chinese cuisine, including traditional Chinese, Cantonese and Indonesian dishes. Prices are fairly modest, especially considering the large amount of food one gets. Overall, a good experience. We went to see the pictures afterwards with a happy stomach.

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed 21 April 2017

We selected this restaurant for lunch because it had an Open sign. We received very good, friendly service from a nice woman. I ordered the beef and vegetables dish with pork rice. The rice was delicious. The beef was something I'd never had before. It was slices of barely cooked meat, pink-red in color. I ate it, but wasn't used to such rare meat. A different dish would probably be more to my liking. We would eat here again and try some other dishes.

Date of visit: April 2017
Xiao C, Guest Relations Manager at Restaurant Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2017

Dear 777aaa,

Thank you very much for visiting our restaurant. We are glad to hear that you have enjoyed your meal. To reassure you, we can guarantee you that the meat was cooked, although pink-ish. We hope to receive you again.

Warm regards,

Restaurant Hong Kong

Reviewed 26 April 2016

The food is very good; it is quite pricey but the portions are huge. What is most staggering is that the Chinese lady speaks a perfect Dutch but hardly any English. so communication is quite fun.

Date of visit: May 2015
1  Thank Veiganor
Reviewed 1 January 2016 via mobile

I came with family, we are spanish people and we are used to other type of chinese food, we did not try chinese-indonesian food before. Was very tasty, I could not stop eating ^^ plus the service was very friendly, family owned restaurant.

My recomendation: beijing soup, beijing duck, mapo tofu and fried rice.

Date of visit: January 2016